Why I can't upload photos from Windows 10

zafoddy

Oct 10, 2017
Visit site
Hello,

I have been looking for that kind of problem throughout internet and it seems like I am the only one suffer from this.

In short, I am trying in various ways to upload photos from my Windows 10 pc, but they won't upload. I only managed to upload through the browser but still I get errors and not all picture are uploaded, so I have to check one by one which haven't been uploaded and which they have and it is a mess.

Long version now.

I am one of the people that I like to organize my photos, so I have picked iCloud Photo Library to have all my photos in one place, because it is nice to have every single photo on my iPhone. But as far as smartphones's pictures are huge, I have a process to organize them. I download from icloud and at the same time,I gather photos from other people and devices. I clear them out and I use an excellent jpeg compressor to reduce the size of those pictures. Then I set the "created date" as the "taken date" and I occassionally set GPS data to photos that they have not any. I rename them to match the date that they were taken and then I upload them to iCloud before I share them to my local folders. All the pictures are .jpg.

My problem is that I can't make iCloud to get my pictures to cloud.

I have a windows 10 machine and I have installed iCloud for windows. I have enabled the iCloud feature on my phone (that's why I can have 30.000 photos displayed there). I have the 50GB plan activated and I have 32,11GB used from the 50. I have the latest iOs on my phone, but I don't think it has to do with the phone.

So my steps so far:

I go to "iCloud" icon, click "Upload" and I pick the photos I want to upload from my USB. Initially I tried with full 6000 photos, then I triet with chuncks of 300 photos and eventually with 6 photos. It says "uploading 6000/300/6 items", but it stays there forever. No activity so ever for days.

Then I tried to transfer the photos to the folder "Upload" located to my pc. The same thing happens. Then I tried to log out and log in to iCloud. Same. Then I tried to uninstall and install the iCloud app. Same. Then I installed the iCloud app to another windows 10 machine. Same. Then I tried to disable the photos option only and re-enable it. No luck.

My last resort was to upload through browser. I picked 300 photos and while I had success uploading a lot of photos, still 70 wouldn't upload. I deleted those that did get uploaded and I tried to re-upload those 70, but they are not getting uploaded. I get the message "There was a problem uploading X items due to a server error", "Try uploading the photo again later".

Could anyone dig in this issue? Do you need any other information? To be honest, now that I did succeed to upload few photos, I am afraid that iCloud doesn't like photos with altered metadata.

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Regards,
Zafiris

zafoddy

Oct 10, 2017
Visit site
Hello again,

Digging up a little bit more, I realized that everything that came from my iphone SE and my spouse's iPhone 5S are uploaded through browser and www.icloud.com. But some of the photos coming from other devices, are not uploaded. It must be something with the metadata.

On the other hand, I cleared the cache of icloud on Windows and started fresh. Logged in and tried to upload those photos that I successfully uploaded later through icloud.com, through icloud on windows. It again didn't upload a single photo.

I don't know if that helps. I love having my photos readily available in my phone, but these issues make it really ireliable and frustrating. I have spent a month working with my photos already.

Regards
Zafiris

zafoddy

Oct 10, 2017
Visit site
Hello pkcable,

Thanks for those helpful articles. Pretty much I had found them.

I think I have set up successfully the icloud photo library, because I can upload some photos using browser. I just get too many rejected from the server.

Also I click the "upload" button on the windows app, I choose what I want, but they never get uploaded.

It must be some kind of technical issue, maybe concerning my account.

Is there any other clue, or can I contact someone directly, as far as this is a paid service?

regards,
Zafiris

zafoddy

Oct 10, 2017
Visit site
Hello pkcable,

Thanks for those helpful articles. Pretty much I had found them.

I think I have set up successfully the icloud photo library, because I can upload some photos using browser. I just get too many rejected from the server.

Also I click the "upload" button on the windows app, I choose what I want, but they never get uploaded.

It must be some kind of technical issue, maybe concerning my account.

Is there any other clue, or can I contact someone directly, as far as this is a paid service?

regards,
Zafiris

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2