Why I came back to iPhone after using Lumia 920: Reasons

Haseeb Rehman

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Hii everyone. I decided to give away my iPhone 4S and get a lumia 920 in black and so I did get it. At first sight, here are the pros:

1) Amazing display
2) Good battery life
3) Nice design
4) Awesome camera

Okay that's pretty much it about the pros section of this phone. Here comes the cons:

1) Heavy
2) WP8? Simply sucks. (I'll explain)
3) Animations are weird
4) Lack of customization
5) Heats up from top right corner

Well, the windows phone 8 is amazing usage actually. It nevers slow or lags down a bit and is good. But the main problem is the APPLICATIONS!

I was even unable to find a good facebook chat messenger. Facebook and whatsapp simply sucks on that platform. No games or other third party applications. Its just like a good platform half unfinished and not yet ready for the market. I started regretting my choice and decided to give my lumia 920 in and take an iPhone 4s in black.

The person from whom I bought did tell me that this phone (I'm referring to the iPhone) has been repaired once due to faulty speaker. Now the speaker quality is not perfect as it used to be before but still its clear but not that loud. Should I worry about this or stick with it?!

Otherwise, the phone is working flawless with everything smooth and good. :smile:

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Like D stated.. Welcome back!

In addition not all platforms preform as well as others. You tested the waters and found a good foot hold now... :)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Welcome back to iMore. Sorry that you are having an issue with your 4S. If the speaker problem continues make an appointment with Apple and get it looked at. Do you know if there is any warranty remaining on the 4S that you received?

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2

WhiteSpir1t

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I find myself switching between my Z10 and 4S.

I hope it's not character disorder, but the GPS navigation, even with a purchased app on the Z10, just can't compare...

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
It's what ever works best for you... But IMO I can get mostly any navigation app out there on my iPhone. Some apps also have better features then another device... In addition some may come with minimal feature set...

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
If the headset is very low to hear while on a call, you may want to toggle BT on and off a few times. That worked for me and I just left it off. I don't understand why apple turns BT on from a fresh install.

thatotherdude24

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
The problem with Windows phone is that it showed up to a college party 4 hours late. Everybody else is way gone and they're just getting started.

Developers want high marketshare to develop apps and consumers want lots of apps. That's a problem

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

dayoungtx

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Have to say. I have been using a Lumia 820 and also just made the switch back. I really liked the Windows OS. The Live Tile concept is a great one and there are some really strong native features in a lot of their base applications (mail, calendar, etc) that are particularly strong. For example, being able to swipe from your full mailbox to just unread messages or the way their contacts app syncs up with all of your social media sites (well, ok just linkedin, twitter and facebook).

But despite that, there are just too many problems. First, there are not enough live tile applications and even the existing ones don't really take enough advantage of the concept. Second, the build quality of the phone just was not up to the standard of my 4S. Finally, while I did not really feel like I had a hard time finding apps, the app quality is seriously off. The Windows apps just don't hold up against the ios developed apps which makes the phone feel laggy even though it shouldn't.

Overall, Microsoft has a pretty darn good OS, better than most people give them credit for, but they are still a ways away from being able to compete with the big boys. The bottom line for me is that an Iphone just works. Period. It feels good in your hand, it doesn't slow down or lag and the apps that you need are there when you need them. I am also really looking forward to trying ios 7 and seeing if that helps bridge in some of the features that I liked on the Windows Phone.

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Welcome back! I was a blackberry fan and once I tried an iPhone 4S I left. Now I'm with iPhone 5, and last month I had a blackberry z10 and my problem was the same: applications!!? Nothing.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Every time since June 2007, when I've switched platforms for no real good reason other than to try them out, I've always come back to iOS. The last two years I've stayed with my 4S because now I know better. All that swapping gets expensive and causes headaches with carriers.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums app

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox