Why have the photos in my iMessage history disappeared?

I

iMore Question

Photos in imessage history disappeared

All photos I've received or sent via imessage/text have disappeared and show just the file name and a small blue box with a question mark. I sent and received some photos yesterday and those seem to be fine but everything prior to that from all my contacts are gone. Has anyone experienced this before and could you help with a solution.

Thanks in advance.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Photos in imessage history disappeared

Are those photos not in your camera roll? Keeping photos in your messages app takes a lot of space. You might try Reset Network Settings. Settings>General>Reset>Tap Reset Network Settings. You may need to enter your wifi passcode back in afterwards. Also, toggle iMessage and FaceTime off then back on.

iphoneuser110

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Photos in imessage history disappeared

Thanks for the reply. The photos I sent are in my camera roll but the ones sent to me are not. I tried resetting and toggled both iMessage and FaceTime on and off. Any help is appreciated. Thanks again .

toobor

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
All my photos in Messages from Jul 2008 to Sep 2014 appear as question marks. After that they are all fine.

"Keep Messages" in settings has always been set to "Forever"

How can I fix this?

Nate Hulsey

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same issue, for the first few days the pictures are fine but it seems like after that they get replaced with an empty fileand question mark. My settings are all correct, seems like it started around the time iOS 8 was installed. Thank you

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods