Why don’t I get My whole long iMessage from the sender.?

Nilasgege

Nov 18, 2018
Visit site
:no: when I get a long iMessage, i don’t receive all if it. has happened 5-6 times. Is it an update problem? Is it on my end or their’s? Is there a maximum allowance for letters in iMessage?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That’s hard to say. I mean, I get long iMessages on occasion, but I’ve always gotten the entire contents of the “iMessage”.

Hopefully, someone who has experienced what you’re describing will reply soon.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have sent iMessages with thousands of words at once without issue.
It seems to me that the sender is using regular SMS instead, which has its own limits.
Make sure the sender and you both see blue bubbles instead of green ones when texting each other.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Tartarus is correct. There is I am sure a conceivable limit with iMessage, but it is very big. However SMS has a message count limit that could be causing your issue.

Have the sender go to settings > messages > and turn off send as SMS. However doing that if for some reason the data network is down the message won't go out.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
:no: when I get a long iMessage, i don’t receive all if it. has happened 5-6 times. Is it an update problem? Is it on my end or their’s? Is there a maximum allowance for letters in iMessage?

Hello there @ Nilasgege. Welcome to iMore.

Assuming the person(s) sending you messages are also on iOS, there shouldn't be any issue sending lengthy iMessages. My wife, son and I iMessage all the time and sometimes I type out novels. They've always received all the message.

But as @Tartarus and @bamf-hacker said, have them check their settings. If they are sending via SMS then there's nothing that can be done as that's a restriction with SMS.

By the way, when you get a minute, please introduce yourself to the rest of the iMore community here:
https://forums.imore.com/new-forums-introduce-yourself-here/

Thanks.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro