Why does the same photo appear enhanced in photo stream compared to camera roll?

I

iMore Question

I took some photos today on an iPhone 5s which due to the lighting appear washed out and dull when I view them in camera roll. However I noticed that the same photos appeared significantly brighter and more vibrant when viewed in my photo stream. I haven't edited the photo in either location. Are photos automatically enhanced when posted to my photo stream? The auto enhance option is still available to press for the photo in both locations. Anyone else experienced this?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know, and I don't recall noticing a difference in appearance between the two when I had photostream enabled. Hopefully, a member who can answer your question will be along to respond soon...:)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I took some photos today on an iPhone 5s which due to the lighting appear washed out and dull when I view them in camera roll. However I noticed that the same photos appeared significantly brighter and more vibrant when viewed in my photo stream. I haven't edited the photo in either location. Are photos automatically enhanced when posted to my photo stream? The auto enhance option is still available to press for the photo in both locations. Anyone else experienced this?

Not to just say this but I would have to say same as what was given to you as a kind of tricky answer.
There could be issues of light and place taken 0 flash or not and the list goes on. The only thing I can even say which is not much of an answer and am sorry but if you have HDR turned on where each shot you take; takes 2 shots and compares to give you the best of both so that you can decide what to keep - Either turn off the feature so you won't have it have this issue...lol so to speak as I never remember having this like Just Me indicated also. Wish I could be more hopeful but zi hope it gives you something to think about.
It is IMO a great feature but at times works against you.:)

EDIT:
http://www.imore.com/search/taking photos?query=taking photos

I like this one myself:

http://www.imore.com/search/HDR?query=HDR

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member