Why Does New Mac Delivery Takes Nearly 2 Weeks Not 1-3 Days When Ordered Online?

I

iMore Question

Why Does New Mac Delivery Takes Nearly 2 Weeks Not 1-3 Days When Ordered Online

This is a real account of my experience purchasing a iMac online from apple.com.

The sales page states shipping within 1-3 days however the fact is, i ordered the product on the 13th, paid for it on the 15th by cash and it finally confirmed shipping for the 22nd which works out to be 9 days after the order was placed and 7 days after payment was made.

This is very misleading.

Also, when i tested a new order on Saturday 18th, it stated i could receive the delivery on the 22nd which is the same day it confirmed delivery for my original order placed on the 13th.

Why do they do business this way?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Why Does New Mac Delivery Takes Nearly 2 Weeks Not 1-3 Days When Ordered Online

Welcome to iMore! I'm sure this wasn't done purposely but I understand your frustration. Have you contacted Apple directly to voice your concerns?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Re: Why Does New Mac Delivery Takes Nearly 2 Weeks Not 1-3 Days When Ordered Online

Did you order an off the rack set up? Or did you change the RAM or CPU or any other options. Any changes to the options causes delays. If you stick with the models as they are laid out on the website you can get 1 to 3 day or even SAME day if you pick up at the Apple Store.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Re: Why Does New Mac Delivery Takes Nearly 2 Weeks Not 1-3 Days When Ordered Online

PS it's NEVER a good idea to up the RAM directly from Apple UNLESS you are buying a laptop. If you are getting an iMac, they are VERY easy to upgrade the RAM on, and the RAM is much cheaper on eBay and Crucial. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods