Why does my lock button end my phone calls when im tryin to take a screenshot

I

iMore Question

Okay so i have an iphone 6s and everytime im on the phone and want to take a screenshot of my phone call it ends my call like thats lame asf is their anway i cant fix it to where it wont do it anymore

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Just hold it different. Use your right thumb to press the side power button. Just don't put your fingers on the volume button on the other side. Or do like I do and use Assistive Touch in Accessibility. Works great for me.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Just hold it different. Use your right thumb to press the side power button. Just don't put your fingers on the volume button on the other side. Or do like I do and use Assistive Touch in Accessibility. Works great for me.

OP is trying to take a screenshot while on a phone call without hanging up the call. I don't think it has anything to do with the volume buttons.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
OP is trying to take a screenshot while on a phone call without hanging up the call. I don't think it has anything to do with the volume buttons.

Misread. In that case, the Assistive Touch option would be perfect.

OP, Try the Assistive Touch button in Accessibility. You can set it to use a 3 click of the home button to bring it up and dismiss it. Works great for me.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Misread. In that case, the Assistive Touch option would be perfect.

OP, Try the Assistive Touch button in Accessibility. You can set it to use a 3 click of the home button to bring it up and dismiss it. Works great for me.

So using the ON/OFF button in AssistiveTouch during a call doesn't end the call? Interesting.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
So using the ON/OFF button in AssistiveTouch during a call doesn't end the call? Interesting.

It's not the on/off button. It's the screenshot button.
dbc4c8726f4e56a99599c6ff28171f71.jpg

But I've never tried it while talking.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I just tested doing a screenshot using the power and home buttons while talking to my wife on my 6s Plus. It worked fine. It also worked using Assistive Touch.

OP, Try again. Maybe your pressing one button too much ahead of the other.

Here's more about this:
http://forums.imore.com/iphone-5s/304188-call-ends-when-pressing-power-button.html

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2728055?start=0&tstart=0

Pressing the power button will, indeed, cut your conversation off of a call. But a screenshot by pressing both the power and home buttons should not end a call.
Note: If you're on speaker phone or a headset, the power button will not end the call.

Last edited:

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I just tested doing a screenshot using the power and home buttons while talking to my wife on my 6s Plus. It worked fine. It also worked using Assistive Touch.

OP, Try again. Maybe your pressing one button too much ahead of the other.

Here's more about this:
http://forums.imore.com/iphone-5s/304188-call-ends-when-pressing-power-button.html

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2728055?start=0&tstart=0

Pressing the power button will, indeed, cut your conversation off of a call. But a screenshot by pressing both the power and home buttons should not end a call.
Note: If you're on speaker phone or a headset, the power button will not end the call.

There has to be a trick to it then. I tested it before posting my initial response and I hung up the call. The screenshot still came through though.
I never noticed the screenshot button in Accessibility. Good call!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
There has to be a trick to it then. I tested it before posting my initial response and I hung up the call. The screenshot still came through though.
I never noticed the screenshot button in Accessibility. Good call!

Only thing I can figure is the power button is bring pressed a tad before the home button. I just have the Touch!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro