Why does my iPhone 6 Plus randomly lose an hour?

dukefan461

May 7, 2015
Visit site
My iphone 6 plus will randomly drop an hour off the time. Phone charges properly and I have selected for the phone to set time automatically and the proper time zone. This just started happening a few weeks ago. If I restart the phone the correct time is displayed, and if I do nothing it will eventually correct itself. I have not seen this problem on any of the forums. Have any suggestions?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've yet to experience that with my iPhone 6 Plus so I don;t know what to tell you. Does it occur if you disable the "set Automatically" option and just manually set the date and time?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why does iphone 6 plus randomly lose and hour

My iphone 6 plus will randomly drop an hour off the time. Phone charges properly and I have selected for the phone to set time automatically and the proper time zone. This just started happening a few weeks ago. If I restart the phone the correct time is displayed, and if I do nothing it will eventually correct itself. I have not seen this problem on any of the forums. Have any suggestions?

If you have the setting such that the time is set "automatically", it is pulling the time from the local cell towers. So, if you are seeing some level of wonkiness with "automatic" time, I'd look at your cell service provider and their cell towers as the source of your problems. It's a pretty good bet that the issue lies there, and not with your phone or its software.

Pale Wraith

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site

If you have the setting such that the time is set "automatically", it is pulling the time from the local cell towers. So, if you are seeing some level of wonkiness with "automatic" time, I'd look at your cell service provider and their cell towers as the source of your problems. It's a pretty good bet that the issue lies there, and not with your phone or its software.

Based on my past experience this is most likely the cause. Probably a server issue at a data center for your carrier.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

I have a similar problem with my cars media center...if I set it to automatically adjust time based on network connection, it will occasionally read an hour behind for whatever reason. I have a feeling it's because sometimes it connects to a part of the network where there is a daylight savings time setting issue. I just turn that feature off and it never has the problem...guessing the iPhone can act the same way if given the opportunity.

mmohn01

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Maybe it's telling you that you made a bad decision, and it's taking you back in time to remedy said decision.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Remona94B9