Why does my iPhone 5s have a crunchy/Loud home button?

Kellyjxmes

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
iPhone 5s has a crunchy/Loud home button?

I bought an iPhone 5S from Boost Mobile in November of 2014 and after about 2 weeks the home button started to get harder to press and was making this incredibly loud and crunchy sound. It tends to happen the most when I have set the phone down and it hasn't been in use for awhile or when the phone itself is a little cold. I made an appointment to the Genius Bar to see what they can do for me but I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what it might be or what they will do at the Genius Bar to fix my problem. Do you think they will be able to fix it, or will they have me send it in for service? They said on the phone that if they can't fix it in store that they would have to send me a box and ship it to them to look at more. Couldn't they just give me a referb in store? Or do they not carry the different carriers like Boost?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: iphone 5s crunchy home button?

It's under warranty... so if the GeniusBar determines an issue - you'll get warranty exchange.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site

My iPhone 5s was the same way. It got better over time, a little annoying but didn't affect functionality at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kellyjxmes

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

It's under warranty... so if the GeniusBar determines an issue - you'll get warranty exchange.

So do you think that I will get a new phone that same day? Or will I have to send it in to them? The phone is on Boost so I don't know if it works any different

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

Sounds like maybe you got make up or dust or debris in it. It happens. Ive cleaned customers phones with a toothbrush or small paint brush and 99.9% pure isopropyl alcohol .. use plenty of it and brush away.. Or as others have stated hit an apple store or find a repair shop locally that will do it.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site

Mine did that after having it for 6 months I just pug a little alcohol on my finger tip and pressed down thr home button a few times

Sent from my iPhone 6 Space~G using Tapatalk

Kellyjxmes

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

I've tried the alcohol thing and it doesn't do anything to the device. It literally sounds like a huge crack and crunch when I press it dow. I'm going into the Apple Store on Saturday to see if they can either fix it, or replace it. I mean I'd rather just them replace it, but I don't know if thats going to happen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh