Why does my iPhone 5s drain when standby?

raeven15

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Why does my iphone 5s drain when standby

Hi, I currently have an iphone 5s and every night I experience 50%-60% battery drain every 6hours. Just now, I got 30mins of usage and 8hours and 33mins of standby, and to my surprised I got pissed and tried to solve this issue again.

I do appreciate your suggestions and stuff, but please read what I've done.

? Tried to downgrade from 9.3.3 to 9.3.2
? Reset and backup
? Downgrade to 9.3.2 and set as new iphone.
? Downgrade to 9.3.2 and restore
? Removed all background app refresh
? Tried to airplane mode when sleeping
? Just recently replaced battery
? Followed every advice in the internet.

All these FAILED.

This battery drain is not usual. It just pisses me off to see me struggle everyday.

Thank you I hope I get help. Please and thank you. If replacing the phone would be the best solution, I doubt I can afford. Thank you guys.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why does my iphone 5s drain when standby

This is indeed very strange.

At seeing the title I was gonna suggest Battery replacement, then disabling background apps and as last I was gonna blame your carrier coverage.
But none of these are the solution.

Only thing I can come up with now is to ask if you put your phone in DFU mode while restoring with iTunes?

raeven15

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site

I already reset my phone to default everything and still nothing. I don't know what to do now. My phone is essential to my school and it frustrates me to charge every 5 hours or less.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site

What does Settings\Battery\Battery Usage say?

StayClassy101

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site

What does Settings\Battery\Battery Usage say?

I Second this, when screenshot s done, try to have the backroad app info shown. Some apps can have rouge processes. I know you said you set the phone up as new but the very first thing everyone does usually is reinstall all of the apps you use. It can be one of those apps which a new update could have adversely effected its performance.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site

Third this! lol

Check the battery settings, find out what is going on and nuke the app for now. or wipe the device. I am pretty sure if I removed Facebook app I would gain 20-30 percent back.

aintgottaclueyet

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site

Apple quit replacing iPhone 5S batteries in January of this year because the time between charges gets shorter & shorter the older the battery. Probably you need a new battery.

mahbub82

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
same problem facing after upgrade to 9.1 to new one... now i m thinking this is apple's hidden tricks for forcing to switch new iphone... while i m using iPhone 4s & before release iPhone 6/6+ (not 6s)... the same problem happened with my 4s with that time new iOS version... now i m using 5s & 7 may be come with in short time.. & the same problem happening with my iPhone 5s... every night battery draining 20% even my phone put on airplan mood + clean iOS... the problem is same...

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
same problem facing after upgrade to 9.1 to new one... now i m thinking this is apple's hidden tricks for forcing to switch new iphone... while i m using iPhone 4s & before release iPhone 6/6+ (not 6s)... the same problem happened with my 4s with that time new iOS version... now i m using 5s & 7 may be come with in short time.. & the same problem happening with my iPhone 5s... every night battery draining 20% even my phone put on airplan mood + clean iOS... the problem is same...

How did you update to 9.1? It isn't being signed anymore.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh