Why does my iPhone 5 only charges through my laptop?

I

iMore Question

Daughters iphone5 will not charge through any wall outlet. Tried other chargers and plugs but not working, connected it to the laptop and it charges perfectly.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That's weird, and I don't know why that is. Does anything else work when plugged into the wall socket? You may want to notify your power company and have them investigate and make sure you're getting the proper wattage/amps or something. You can also make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store and have a genius check to make sure the iPhone isn't damaged somehow.

gillian serpaud

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
My phone and all other equipment is working the same as always through outlets. Just her iphone. It connects for a few seconds then stops charging, I just tried laptop as last resort after everything else failed.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My phone and all other equipment is working the same as always through outlets. Just her iphone. It connects for a few seconds then stops charging, I just tried laptop as last resort after everything else failed.

Yeah, I'd take a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to have them diagnose the problem and possibly repair/replace it.

gillian serpaud

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
No apple store here, we are in Dublin, even though apple HQ is here. Have found an online way for them to contact me so will wait for that to happen. Hope they can fix it as is baffling me. I never liked apple and seeing the silly problems with them is making me stick to my crackberry for sure, and waiting for daughter to dump her crapple.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods