Why does my iPhone 5 keep returning to the home screen when I start to type a text message or email?

I

iMore Question

why does my iphone 5 keep returning to the home screen when I start to type a text message or email?

When I open the text messaging area and type about 5-6 letters of the text, the phone just automatically closes the text messaging area and returns to the home screen. Same with emails.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
why does my iphone 5 keep returning to the home screen when I start to type a...

Welcome to iMore! How much local storage do you have left? You should leave at least 2 GB available IMHO. Try resetting your device by holding the power button and home button down simultaneously until you see the Apple boot logo. If you're still having problems I recommend connecting to iTunes and restoring. You can restore from an iTunes or iCloud backup but I recommend setting it up as a new device. It provides a clean slate and it will give you an opportunity to test out Messages and Email before installing a bunch of other stuff that could be causing problems.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: why does my iphone 5 keep returning to the home screen when I start to type a text message or em

I don't recall seeing this problem before. Try this. Before you do the Hard Reset, go to Settings >General > Keyboards > delete the English Keyboard.
Then do the Hard Reset. Afterwards, go back and add the English Keyboard back.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW