Why does my HomePod play a defective song?

I

iMore Question

When I have my HomePod play songs I like, there is one song that starts playing then goes silent. When the now silent song is finished, the next song starts. I have asked SIRI to specifically play that song, and it plays correctly. I have Apple Music. The copy of that song on my Mac plays correctly.

Is there a way to adjust my personal iCloud library to fix broken songs (or to exclude Christmas songs in June?)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When I have my HomePod play songs I like, there is one song that starts playing then goes silent. When the now silent song is finished, the next song starts. I have asked SIRI to specifically play that song, and it plays correctly. I have Apple Music. The copy of that song on my Mac plays correctly.

Is there a way to adjust my personal iCloud library to fix broken songs (or to exclude Christmas songs in June?)

Have you tried creating a Christmas playlist and then not select that playlist until Christmas time?

As for the song that goes silent, try removing it and then re-add it.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
I second this solution. I had one song that would crop the first few seconds. I deleted it from my library then re-added it. That did the trick and I suspect it will for the op.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73