Why does my AirPods Pro 2’nd gen charging case only last 4-5 times

ekneeiphone

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
In general, I use my AirPods Pro, second generation to go on an hour walk. After the walk, the battery on my AirPods drain to 87%. So in other words, I only used up about 13% of the battery on the AirPods. I put the AirPods back in the case afterwards. However, my AirPods Pro case only last five charges and it’s only having to recharge the AirPods 13 percent per charge . This is confusing because you’re supposed to get six hours of battery life on the AirPods per charge and up to 30 hours using the case.
However, I am actually only getting about 5 to 6 hours on the AirPods Is there something I am not doing correctly? Should I leave the AirPods out of the case after use so I do not drain the battery? Can anyone please advise why this is happening?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Per Apple:

If you think that your battery has an issue, learn about AirPods service and repair.

What you can expect with AirPods Pro (2nd generation).

With multiple charges in your case, you get up to 30 hours of listening time, or up to 24 hours of talk time.

Your AirPods Pro (2nd generation) can get up to 6 hours of listening time (up to 5.5 hours with Spatial Audio and Head Tracking enabled)

or up to 4.5 hours of talk time on a single charge.

If you charge your AirPods Pro (2nd generation) for 5 minutes in their case, you get around 1 hour of listening time or around 1 hour of talk time.

Source: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207012

Last edited:

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
In general, I use my AirPods Pro, second generation to go on an hour walk. After the walk, the battery on my AirPods drain to 87%. So in other words, I only used up about 13% of the battery on the AirPods. I put the AirPods back in the case afterwards. However, my AirPods Pro case only last five charges and it’s only having to recharge the AirPods 13 percent per charge . This is confusing because you’re supposed to get six hours of battery life on the AirPods per charge and up to 30 hours using the case.
However, I am actually only getting about 5 to 6 hours on the AirPods Is there something I am not doing correctly? Should I leave the AirPods out of the case after use so I do not drain the battery? Can anyone please advise why this is happening?

Furthering Just_Me_D solid advice (which is the case most often), I’d recommend installing the Apple Support app on your iPhone. All AirPods pro 2 are under mfg warranty. Open a case in the app, it is easy as the app has all your device info and will go right to chat. This is a Premium device from a premium name, Apple. If something isn’t operating right, open a case (I’m in support, we love people opening cases. It’s how we keep our jobs ;) ).

You’re saying that if you use your AirPods P2 to 87% then put them in the case, the case charges the AirPods to a 100% but it is taking, in effect, 1/5th of the charge of the case to charge the AirPods 13%?
-running latest iOS version?
Something going on with Bluetooth draining the case battery?
-put the AirPods in the case and close the lid. go to Bluetooth settings and under these AirPods’ forget this device’ (any customization is lost, I believe). Wait 30seconds,open vase near your iPhone and re pair. IME a re pair can fix oddities sometimes.
-restart your iPhone.
-open a case with Apple
BOL

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods