Why does it take 30 minutes to receive gmail message when I receive real time on BlackBerry Q10

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Wasn't directed towards the OP at all, I thought his question was totally legitimate. It was directed at the guy that came in afterwards and said (paraphrased) "blah blah Apple sucks, blah blah Blackberry RULEZ". The guy whos quote I posted, not the OP. I think after looking at his 3 total posts here, you'll see what I'm saying.

I understand what you are saying. OP or not it just does not really do any good to be that way and I learned the hard way believe me more than once. It just isn't worth it no matter who it was to. I just suppose I look at things a bit different now.

Sent from my iPad Retina using Tapatalk Pro!

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I understand what you are saying. OP or not it just does not really do any good to be that way and I learned the hard way believe me more than once. It just isn't worth it no matter who it was to. I just suppose I look at things a bit different now.

I know, they're not worth it. Just confuses me that people, due to jealousy or some other inane reason, choose to come and try to troll our community. Just seems sad to me. Oh well, they generally get bored after a couple days, guess I should ignore like the rest of us.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I know, they're not worth it. Just confuses me that people, due to jealousy or some other inane reason, choose to come and try to troll our community. Just seems sad to me. Oh well, they generally get bored after a couple days, guess I should ignore like the rest of us.

More like hours and also like I have been told more than once I will admit not only is it not worth it playing into their game but they got you and you are better than that. Trust me I would have gotten in a lot of trouble lol but now I just let it go and move on.

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why does it take 30 minutes to receive gmail message when I receive real time...

Yup, that's the answer.

Your best bet is to use the Gmail app. It works well and pushes in real time.

This. While it would be nice to have all of the mail in the iphone native mail app, the gmail app is very good. FWIW, I don't push any email to my phone. When I want to check email, I just go into the native app and pull down on the title bar.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I put all my important people, biz, and such on VIP in Mail. So I only get notifications for VIP. The rest can wait. It's mostly junk and Spam. I'm never that eager for email. I check all 6 accounts daily. My main 2 maybe 3 times a day. I communicate with family and friends mostly by iMessage and FB Messenger. Email is mostly stuff like Spotify, Yummly, Apple, iTunes, YouTube, and several app developers. Oh, and all those people who want to give me $Millions$ if I give them all my personal info. Seems legit. :D

Sent from from my iPhone 5

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
BB10's native email app has IMAP IDLE, which allows it to fetch mail in realtime. This feature is not yet available in and till ios7. I hope ios 8 brings in this feature.

andyb488

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
You can make it work but it involves redirecting your incoming mail.

I have 3 Gmail accounts all receiving push emails in the native mail app.

I created an alias in iCloud for each Gmail account, then in Gmail forwarded my mail to corresponding iCloud alias. from there I created a number of rules for each account to sort my mail in to folders.

Then I added the Gmail SMTP server of each account in settings>iCloud>mail>SMTP>add server for each Gmail account and by doing this I can not only receive push Gmail but I can choose what account I wish to send my mail from.

It will take as long to setup as waiting for your next email sync to kick in

BBZ10wannabe

May 7, 2014
Visit site

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why does it take 30 minutes to receive gmail message when I receive real time...

It should work better than what you say. I have no problem with any of my 4 gmail accounts. Something is not set up right. If you want it frequently, set to every 15 minutes. I have mine manually.
View attachment 60174
View attachment 60175

Mine do that way. I like it that way. It uses less battery that way.

That is good you like it that way but he was asking how to push so he received them in real time :).

@OP - try what Andy said a few posts above mine!

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using iMore Forums.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Why does it take 30 minutes to receive gmail message when I receive real time...

@Septembersrain#AC "I think this is the only real benefit to BlackBerry owners still. The email system is amazing. However it's not all that bad on an iPhone. Just a few minutes slower."

Only? While I realize that your Z10 has similar battery performance to iPhones most of the other Blackberry models such as the Z30 have far superior battery performance. This is not to mention the best touch keyboard with "flicking" gestures to fly though writing out emails etc..

I think having a 64GB SD card (soon to be 128GB when I get my hands on one) is a real plus over the iPhone never having to use data while roaming to access my own content right on the card.

Miracast and my HDMI out ports make watching YouTube videos fun for all when I flash them up on the big screen. I can even push video games on family day for the rest of us to see to take turns and participate and have fun.

I much prefer the screen size on my Z30 to the Iphone (soon Apple will catch up there)

I grant that iPhone takes better basic pictures (although my time shift feature can easily get everyone smiling in the same photo which is cool)
I also grant that iPhone has a better selection of Apps (although being able to run Android Apps on my BlackBerry has closed the gap significantly)

I prefer BlackBerry's OS to IPhone's as I find the gesture based OS far more fluid and not as "chunky" as iPhone. It seems everything is faster on BlackBerry, not just the email but sharing photos or anything.

But that's just my opinion. :)

Rain offered her honest opinion.

Every point you made is an opinion as well.

HDMI and Miracast are irrelevant to me.
My battery life is equal to my Q10.
I go back and forth between iOS and BB10 and it's no gain in OS in reference to BB10.
Photos on my 5s FAR AND AWAY surpass my Q10.
We have a Wii which FAR SURPASES anything you could share on BB.

AND the app situation???? Come on.

Apps in the App Store are optimised for iOS, are supported, fully integrated, fully patched, easily downloaded from A PLATFORM APP STORE instead of having to rely on ANOTHER platform for unpatched, unsupported, unoptimised, unintegrated apps.

Apps? Come on. Don't even attempt it. I know for a fact that the vast majority of the android apps loaded on BB are not running well, are old, and crash.

Enjoy your Z30. Enjoy your Android apps on your Blackberry. But please don't try to make a case against the iPhone using subjective personal opinions and a chunky clunky WORKAROUND due to the dearth of BlackBerry apps.

And by the way, I was around when large slabs of glass were ridiculed by BlackBerry users. I find it funny how NOW that BlackBerry has come out with a large black slab, large slabs of glass are suddenly A WONDERFUL THING. I get whiplash with the changes in position relative to BlackBerry's actions.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, AWESOME Gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

I appreciate every ones suggestions on how to "work around" getting Gmail messages to be true "push", but do not appreciate certain members from hijacking the thread to post their personal opinions on both the iPhone and BlackBerry. All I was looking for was why Gmail on an iPhone is not push as it is on my BlackBerry Q10...or my other BB's for that matter.

Thanks ritesh for the explanation and I hope IMAP IDLE is included in iOS8.

BBZ10wannabe

May 7, 2014
Visit site

Enjoy your Z30. Enjoy your Android apps on your Blackberry. But please don't try to make a case against the iPhone using subjective personal opinions and a chunky clunky WORKAROUND due to the dearth of BlackBerry apps.

And by the way, I was around when large slabs of glass were ridiculed by BlackBerry users. I find it funny how NOW that BlackBerry has come out with a large black slab, large slabs of glass are suddenly A WONDERFUL THING. I get whiplash with the changes in position relative to BlackBerry's actions.

I apologize for hijacking this thread and all iPhone fans I have offended with my comments.

I meant only to offer an alternate opinion to Rain from someone who uses a BlackBerry who feels it has more advantages than "only" email which is how Rain put it.
It was just that my opinion and I shouldn't have put down the iPhone in any way to make my point that I feel BlackBerry has still many things going for it.

I started as a 9800 (Torch) user and never took to the keyboard so I wouldn't have been one to extoll the virtues of the physical keyboard although I know many are addicted to it.

I have already granted that iPhone is better than BlackBerry when it comes to basic photos, Apps and I'll even throw in another customer service. Apple has some of the best customer service around. I'm sure others would have plenty of other nice things to say about iPhones except I'm in the wrong thread for that.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

I apologize for hijacking this thread and all iPhone fans I have offended with my comments.

I meant only to offer an alternate opinion to Rain from someone who uses a BlackBerry who feels it has more advantages than "only" email which is how Rain put it.
It was just that my opinion and I shouldn't have put down the iPhone in any way to make my point that I feel BlackBerry has still many things going for it.

I started as a 9800 (Torch) user and never took to the keyboard so I wouldn't have been one to extoll the virtues of the physical keyboard although I know many are addicted to it.

I have already granted that iPhone is better than BlackBerry when it comes to basic photos, Apps and I'll even throw in another customer service. Apple has some of the best customer service around. I'm sure others would have plenty of other nice things to say about iPhones except I'm in the wrong thread for that.

No problem. I understand.

I've got a Q10 that I love. Unfortunately at this point in time it can't so what I want it to do in the manner I want it done. Because of that, iPhone suits me best. IF I could get, for example, native banking apps and some the other apps I use daily to either manage my day or have fun or connect with loved ones, things might be different.

All platforms have good points and all have room for improvement. Not a single one is 100% perfect for everyone all the time.

For me, iPhone works best. And notice the pic below. I'm not a hater.

pababypy.jpg

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

No problem. I understand.

I've got a Q10 that I love. Unfortunately at this point in time it can't so what I want it to do in the manner I want it done. Because of that, iPhone suits me best. IF I could get, for example, native banking apps and some the other apps I use daily to either manage my day or have fun or connect with loved ones, things might be different.

All platforms have good points and all have room for improvement. Not a single one is 100% perfect for everyone all the time.

For me, iPhone works best. And notice the pic below. I'm not a hater.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/11/pababypy.jpg

I'm not one to hate any platform either.

u7ujetu6.jpg

Sent from Blue 32 using Tapatalk Pro.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Yep, I downloaded the Gmail app and it is now true push.

Thanks for the help, and thanks again to ritesh for the explanation and I hope IMAP IDLE is included in iOS8

lui22

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
......ANYWAYS back on subject. OP glad you found your solution. I just find it odd that there has to be a work around. I know that my school was having issues with outlook on our enterprise email for staff and students where you wouldn't be able to download new emails on the stock mail app. I had to download and setup so many 3rd party mail apps to get it to work, and my Q10 was just sitting there receiving everything and working as it should.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Why does it take 30 minutes to receive gmail message when I receive real time...

You might want to check Crackberry for the issues with Gmail when Google changed their policy. This is not a BlackBerry/Apple issue. In Apple's case there is an app from the App Store that resolves the issue. There are also apps you can use on your Q10, from Android.
Like I said, search Crackberry.
As far as Outlook for school, that could be anything including Exchange.
None of my phones experience a 30 minute delay.
And now that BIS is gone on BB10, mail on Active Sync is the same for everyone.
Research on your own. There are numerous threads on Crackberry.

Here's one...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-q10-f272/email-slow-sync-server-904289/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD for iPad

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

You might want to check Crackberry for the issues with Gmail when Google changed their policy. This is not a BlackBerry/Apple issue. In Apple's case there is an app from the App Store that resolves the issue. There are also apps you can use on your Q10, from Android.
Like I said, search Crackberry.
As far as Outlook for school, that could be anything including Exchange.
None of my phones experience a 30 minute delay.
And now that BIS is gone on BB10, mail on Active Sync is the same for everyone.
Research on your own. There are numerous threads on Crackberry.

Here's one...

Email is slow to sync with server - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD for iPad

I have researched on my own and the question that I asked pertained to an iPhone not a BlackBerry. It had nothing to do with BIS, Active Sync...this was an iPhone question.The ONLY straight answer I received was from ritesh where he explained about the IMAP IDLE not being part of iOS7..no need to get snippy.

Just because none of your devices experience a 30 minute delay does not mean that I don't have this issue.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73