Why does Apple Mail put 99% of my incoming mail into the Junk folder?

I

iMore Question

Since I installed OS X 10.10.4 just about 99% of my mail appears in the junk mailbox whether it is or is not junk. I have reset all the junk mail preferences on all my Macs (MacBook, MacBook Retina and iMac), insured that iCloud is set up properly, etc. All to no avail. The same situation exists on my iOS devices as well. Any assistance/ideas will be most welcome.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Why does Apple Mail put 99% of my incoming mail into go to junk mailbox

I'm not having this problem, but maybe someone else will have some advice.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why does Apple Mail put 99% of my incoming mail into go to junk mailbox

Apple mail? Is it Gmail? Yahoo mail? Most email services send some mail to "Junk" because it sees it as such. You might can adjust that at your email online. I get a lot in Junk on one account. It's because it's junk. Spam and ads.

Scott Pendleton

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem but maybe a little less extreme with only about 50% of my good email landing in the Junk folder. This email is not marked as junk (ie not brown with the Junk icon) but appears like "normal" email. Nothing I do seems to change this behavior. I e even disabled all Junk Mail filtering. Very frustrating! I'm running MacOSx 10.10.4. From what I've read online we are not alone although this does appear to be a somewhat limited bug as most seem to not be complaining about it...

Scott

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
For me, whether on my Mac or iPhone, the stuff that gets sent to my Junk folder is 99% junk. Having said that, if you've set up filters, re-check them or create new ones that'll allow for your non-junk email to be sent to your inbox.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
It's 10 months since this problem surfaced. And it is still happening.

Has anyone found a fix???

Welcome to iMore. The fix is setting your Junk Mail filters up properly. 99% of the mail I receive as Junk, is Junk. You have to set your Junk mail settings both in Apple mail and with your ISP email. Or whomever you use for your email provider.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Like the others everything in my junk folder, with very few exceptions, is truly junk. It fills up so fast that maybe it really is 99% but I haven't taken the time to do the math.
I will have to check next time I'm at my desk if there are any junk settings that may be the culprit with iCloud. I use GMail and it does it for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro