Why does album artwork on an iTunes album keep changing?

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I have hundreds of albums stored in my iTunes iCloud account and this issue happens with exactly one of them. No matter how many times I change the album artwork in the "Get Info" box, it reverts to another artwork after a day or two. I don't get it. Here are my settings. Any help would be appreciated.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1423602399.352986.jpg

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Is it just one cut on the album in your library or the whole album?

If the whole album, when you go through the "info" on all the cuts - do they show the same cover art?

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Is it just one cut on the album in your library or the whole album?

If the whole album, when you go through the "info" on all the cuts - do they show the same cover art?

It is every song on the album. Situation is even more confusing today. I have all my devices synced and on my computer here at work the album is showing the artwork I added yesterday. However, on my phone it has reverted to previous artwork for all tracks. As a test, I changed the cover on another album yesterday and it has synced across all of my devices.

Maybe I'm being too uptight about this, but I come from an time when album art was part of the experience of the record. What makes it worse is the album I'm having problems with has one of the best covers ever.

grandill400.jpg

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Obviously iTunes doesn't believe anyone still listens to Styx anymore. Tell me, are you noticing any changes in your Journey, or Duran Duran album covers too??? :)

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Obviously iTunes doesn't believe anyone still listens to Styx anymore. Tell me, are you noticing any changes in your Journey, or Duran Duran album covers too??? :)

Nice! :)

Duran-Duran, Journey (for the most part), and later Styx are part of the 1980s which is some of the worst music ever created. I hate when Classic Rock stations follow a real classic rock song with something by Tears for Fears. But I was in college in the mid-70s when Grand Illusion was released and I've always liked it.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
All joking aside, I too have had various problems with album art and iTunes.. The one that gets me the most is replacing low res, blocky, generally nasty cover art, with a high res, high quality cover only to have iTunes revert back to the low quality one. This phenomena happens no matter if I was playing from my library on one of my Macs (I have always embedded HQ cover art in my MP3's), or streaming from iTunes Match which I've done predominantly since that service has been available. I've pretty much admitted defeat and stopped caring, but every now and then I'll see a Janky looking cover flash across my TV while using my AppleTV and feel the need to fix it LOL. Best of luck to ya CB ...

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
All joking aside, I too have had various problems with album art and iTunes.. The one that gets me the most is replacing low res, blocky, generally nasty cover art, with a high res, high quality cover only to have iTunes revert back to the low quality one. This phenomena happens no matter if I was playing from my library on one of my Macs (I have always embedded HQ cover art in my MP3's), or streaming from iTunes Match which I've done predominantly since that service has been available. I've pretty much admitted defeat and stopped caring, but every now and then I'll see a Janky looking cover flash across my TV while using my AppleTV and feel the need to fix it LOL. Best of luck to ya CB ...

Thanks for this. I will write it off to one of those technology glitches to which there is no answer and let it go.

dcuspo

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
This issue bugs me too. I think I found a fix though. I have iTunes Match, so I don't know if that is part of the problem. I download the songs, add the desired artwork, and then copy the files to my desk top. I then check to make the album art has embedded in the actual file. If everything looks good, I delete the original files and reimport the new files into iTunes. I know this is cumbersome, but it has fixed this issue for me. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh