Why Do You Think Many People Have This Love-Hate Affair For iPhone 5C?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
What is it about the 5C in your opinion the so many consumers and other critiques seem to have this either hate it or love it attitude for the iPhone 5C? Does it deserve all the negativeness it is getting?

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
It's because of the way Apple used to relay to the masses their opinion on plastic. They basically bashed it into people's heads that plastic was lower quality. That it's not premium to build with plastic.

However, they are now seeming to appear as hypocrites to many. Though to me, I took it as them admitting that they were possibly wrong. I like plastic phones and because Apple made that move, I'd been able to own my first iPhone. Change isn't always a bad thing.

○?●?Sent from the humongous one using Tapatalk.?●?○

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I neither love or hate the 5c, I just felt I already had the 5 and the 5c has some improvements, but not so much that I would consider it an upgrade. Outside of the media bashing, it's a matter of preference.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I think the 5C is a really good phone...but people just want to indulge and that's just the way people are these days with devices being the status quo...

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Interesting answers on the ones who have posted so far. The Blog really played this up last week so that is why I thought I would see how forum members felt. :)

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Btw doesn't anyone but me think the Colors of the 5C really harken back to the appeal of those iPod nanos/touches?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I think the 5c is a great phone and worth the money but it got released with the 5s if it was released at a different time the media might have gone easier on it

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I think the 5c is a great phone and worth the money but it got released with the 5s if it was released at a different time the media might have gone easier on it

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s

It's such a pity a good device like the 5c got bashed like that...yeah.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
With me it wasn't that I hated the 5c at all, it was just that it was the lower-end product, period. Many people just don't want the lower-end product no matter how good that product is in and of itself. ...especially when the more premium product only costs a little bit more. Apple has drilled it into our heads that we should want their products because their products are premium. So, why would we want the less premium product for only a slight discount? Humans we are. Had the 5c been $250 less than its more premium sister then I believe its reception would have been different.

via the tablet

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Another thing that people don't like (myself included) is the color choices they used. All pasty/neon ish. No fire engine red, royal blue, no ******* black (still can't understand why Apple didn't release a black one) orange etc... I mean if they made the yellow 5C more like the yellow of the lumias I'd have bought it in a heartbeat, no questions asked instead of my used.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
JobSteves;2216894( said:
Still can't understand why Apple didn't release a black one)

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

Because a black 5c would have bit heavily, heavily into 5s sales so that's a lot of 5s' that wouldn't have been sold instead. A black 5c would have been too...desirable...for its own plastic.

via the phone

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
While we are at it haha
byby5eqe.jpg

To keep my 5s company WooT!

phonejunky

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
I haven't been in the tech blogs for a while. I've came back in the past week trying to get into it a little. One thing I've noticed and this post just highlighted this for me is the tech world of bloggers is very small scale. This post about all the begative media the 5C is getting is actually shocking to me. I haven't seen one bad thing in the media concerning Apple and any iPhone at all. I've read cnn, yahoo, trove, bbc, a month others daily. To me being off the forums as much and being more of your I guess you say average consumer the 5C and 5S would appear to be doing fantastic to me and no one cares what tech bloggers say. Anyway had to get that out there.

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
5c was nothing but iPhone 5 with Crayola filled in a plastic shell(we all know that).. I somehow like it and some people don't which is fine. Different people different opinion!

Peace out!!

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I am indifferent to it as I don't own one and never intended to. I just don't quite understand why Apple went this direction if the intent was not to lower the prices moderately and brand it as a lower-level device when it was being launched right next to the new flagship. At that price point, they may as well have done the same as in the past, and did a price break on the iphone 5 which allowed users to still get a beautiful device that is housed in metal/glass and stood for a year as a flagship.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
People tend to invest way more into media articles than the article itself really should garner...so what you end up with are things that may not even be true (IE: iPhone 5c being the "cheap iPhone", as reported before it's official release or even keynote), but they stick with this information vs. the reality...thus being disappointed with the reality because it doesn't match the virtual.

Happens in all things, not just smart phones...look at sensationalized news reports. You know how to make a somewhat vague and uninteresting event memorable (in these people's minds)? Add bullsh*t to it, and watch it thrive.