Why do the contents of my smart playlist containing Podcasts disappear when I turn on iCloud music library?

I

iMore Question

Why do the contents of my smart playlist containing Podcasts disappear when I turn on iCloud music library?

I use smart playlist to sort podcasts and sync those smart playlists to my phone using the "Include Podcasts from Playlists" These smart playlists show up in the podcast app in a station called "iTunes Playlists". This works great and I've been doing it for years.

Fast forward to Apple Music. Signed up for the trial and when I turn "iCloud Music Library" on my smart playlists that used to show up in the podcasts app's iTunes Playlist station are all empty. wth? Why is it doing this?

I'd like to continue using smart playlists to organize my many podcasts. The podcast station feature just doesn't cut it for me because I like to organized based on a special tag I stick in the comments field and sometimes I organize by length.

thanks.
ted

PS. I've tried downcast and while I like it, iTunes in conjunction with smart playlists has just been the best way I've found to organized the many playlists I listen to in bulk from a desktop. If there are other 3rd party podcast apps that would be good for this please let me know

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice