Why didn't my contacts and pictures transfer from my old phone to my new phone?

I

iMore Question

why didnt my contacts and pictures transfer from my old phone to my new phone???

my old phone stopped working, wouldnt charge or anything, so I got a new phone, put the sim card in the new phone............... NO contacts, NO pictures, and it says my storage is full???

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
why didnt my contacts and pictures transfer from my old phone to my new phone???

Welcome to iMore! What were you using to sync your contacts? iCloud? If that's the case go to Settings > iCloud, and make sure you're signed in and have Contacts toggled on. Also make sure you're connected to wifi. Sometimes things take a while to sync.
Regarding your storage issue I'm assuming you're referring to iCloud storage rather than local device storage. Go to Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage. What are you seeing for available iCloud storage? Select Manage Storage (the second one under the iCloud heading) and get rid of any backups that you don't need. If you have a lot of photos and videos you may want to consider deleting some or upgrading your storage plan.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73