Why did they change Watch Series 8

mcgrath_jm

Mar 3, 2017
Visit site
The Apple Watch Series 8 does less than my old Series 4.
I used to be able to unlock both my iMac and my MacBook Air with my Series 4 Apple Watch.
I bought a Series 8 this week, and just got off the phone with Apple Support who tells me the Series 8 will only unlock one of my computers, not both. I have to choose which one to enable.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I used to be able to unlock both my iMac and my MacBook Air with my Series 4 Apple Watch.
I bought a Series 8 this week, and just got off the phone with Apple Support who tells me the Series 8 will only unlock one of my computers, not both. I have to choose which one to enable.

That doesn't sound right. I'd ask to talk to a higher-level support person to verify this. (It sounds more like the person you spoke with couldn't figure out how to get it working for you fast enough and just wanted too get you off the phone.)

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

I went from 4 => 8. There are some subtle differences and some big ones. Overall there are no regrets because my sports app that runs stand alone works much better, battery life is improved most days, and there are advantages to the new display. Your settings could improve batter life even more.

Unlock a Mac has always been a little flakey and I confess finger print on the laptop I use most is superior.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods