Why can't I use my cellular data when Icloud storage is low?

I

iMore Question

I noticed that I could not get online, talk to siri, get directions, maps, etc, unless I was on wifi. Settings are all set to use cell data if not on wifi yet still couldn't. Apple store genius said my storage was low and I needed more to update and backup my iphone X. I got the 50gb plan for .99/mo., completely backed up everything and reset my phone, and everything seemed to work fine.
Then I let my .99 50gb icloud storage lapse and get constant alerts that my storage is too low and my phone could not update. And somehow once again I can't use my cell data when I'm not near wifi.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m missing something here. What does iCloud storage data has to do with being unable to use a cellular network? I’m not understanding the rationale from the alleged Apple employee who told you you needed to purchase more storage.

If you were to disable iCloud altogether, it should not prevent you from accessing the internet via a cellular connection. I’m assuming you have a data plan with your cellular provider. If you do not, then you will be unable to get online via a cellular network.

Last edited:

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Agreed. Your iCloud storage should have nothing to do with your being able to use cellular.

When you did your reset, did you set up as a new device or restore from a backup?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro