Why can't I unlock phone due to Apple logo tweak?

I

iMore Question

Can't unlock phone due to apple logo tweak! Help Please!

I have a tweak, can't remember the name.
Most people will know it. It simply changes the apple logo colour and background colour when you boot up your phone and adds an effect.
So i restarted my phone today and i am at the lock screen and can see the status bar at the top but the rest of the screen is covered by the apple logo and background still and the touchscreen on the lock screen doesn't work so i ultimately can't type in my password to unlock my phone. Anyway to disable this tweak remotely or bypass it? I can add a picture if required. I don't want to restore phone because i would then need to re-jailbreak and install all of my Cydia tweaks again which has taken me quite a lot of time already. Thanks. All help is highly appreciated.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can't unlock phone due to apple logo tweak! Help Please!

Being that you can remove the tweak without gaining access to your device, and you can't gain access to your device because the touchscreen doesn't work on the lock screen, you're going to have to restore, in my opinion. Of course, I don't jailbreak, and my knowledge of jailbreak and anything associated with it is very limited.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Can't unlock phone due to apple logo tweak! Help Please!

Ok. Now you will try your best to put your iPhone into safe mode state which will allow you to safely uninstall that tweak from the iPhone.

1.) a.) Push the power and the home button until the device reboot, b.) once you see the apple logo reappear, let go the power home buttons and immediately press the upper volume button until the system boot up.
If after 3mn it doesn't boot up, 2.) repeat the power and home button holding down until it power off, without releasing those buttons, immediately hold also upper volume button until it reboot.
If after 3mn to 5mn it doesn't reboot then you will have to factory restore it.
Do repeat the process several time and make sure that you are pushing that upper volume button right on time.
Let us know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jp8