Why can't I send a pic through email with my iPhone 5?

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: why can't I send a pic through email with my iPhone 5

When you're composing an email, tap and hold anywhere in the message body.
After a couple seconds, you'll get a popup with a couple of options, and an arrow pointing >.
Tap that arrow and then choose "Insert Photo or Video".
This should let you attach a photo to your email.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Do you have an email account set up on the phone that's working?

If yes... You can send pics two ways.... One: open an email compose window.... Tap/hold the screen... On the black bar that pops up, tap 'more'... Insert photo or video.... Two: open Photos.... Tap select... Tap the share sheet, bottom left on the window...the box with the arrow out the top... Select mail...

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I asked a question to address why I can't send an email with a picture.

I received two replies on how to attach the photo to my email, and I did that, but the email still doesn't "arrive" !! Do I need to have a special setting turned on , or do I need to add my name to a contact list ?? This is very frustrating.I should add this is regarding my iPhone 5.

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: I asked a question to address why I can't send an email with a picture.

Can you send email without pictures attached?

You may need to consult with your email provider to make sure your device is properly configured to connect to their service to send mail.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: I asked a question to address why I can't send an email with a picture.

I received two replies on how to attach the photo to my email, and I did that, but the email still doesn't "arrive" !! Do I need to have a special setting turned on , or do I need to add my name to a contact list ?? This is very frustrating.I should add this is regarding my iPhone 5.

One thread is sufficient. Please be patient while awaiting a response. Thank you.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Before you send, do you see the photo on the email? You should see it. But you say it won't send. Which issue do you have? No photo or not sending?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Sojourner Truth

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem.

I've had my iPhone 5S for about six months. Up until a few weeks ago, I could send photos from the phone.

This is what I would do:
-- Select a photo from my photo album.
-- At the bottom of the photo would be a little box with an upward-pointing arrow. Tap that.
-- A window would open asking if I wanted to send the photo by Mail, Message, Twitter, Facebook
-- Select Message, or, select Mail.
-- Window opened in which I selected addressee -- either message or email, depending on whether I had selected message or email.
-- Add address(es), add message if desired, tap SEND.
-- Hear a WHOOSH and the message was sent.

Now, I can send photos to other people via message. However, I cannot send photos via email. I try sending photos to myself or to others via email. Everything seems to work fine -- hear the WHOOSH -- but nothing shows up in my inbox. Try to send photos to other people via email, they never receive them.

I have made no changes in phone or email.

Come to think of it, about the time the phone started not sending photos by email, there was a software upgrade released. Could that have anything to do with it?

Thanks.

jubt

May 4, 2015
Visit site
I just updated to OS 8.3 and now I cannot email photos (from album) or email from messages, will not recognize my email account.. all was ok BEFORE update , still looking for answer to fix.
I have reset phone, reset network. I do not want to loose any data etc on my phone!!!

jubt

May 4, 2015
Visit site
Just now added a different email account - I was going to delete the other but was afraid I was going to loose info? I added a yahoo acct (old one) and now when I go to photos to email it is defaulting to the yahoo---and I can send. my original account used was hotmail so wondering if there is a conflict with the OS 8.3 , no telling what else is messed up

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Just now added a different email account - I was going to delete the other but was afraid I was going to loose info? I added a yahoo acct (old one) and now when I go to photos to email it is defaulting to the yahoo---and I can send. my original account used was hotmail so wondering if there is a conflict with the OS 8.3 , no telling what else is messed up

Have you verified your default account in Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Default Account?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I just tested this on my iP 5. I was able to text and email 5 photos from the camera roll. It's a 5 limit there for email. I created an album with 20 photos. I tapped on all 20, hit the arrow to copy, then pasted all 20 on an email. As for email account issues, I suggest deleting the accounts then adding them back. But there's nothing in iOS 8 to prevent emailing photos.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Nicolette Karskens

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I am no techno head by any stretch of the word but have you given you email signin a new password recently. I had the same trouble and went into my Iphone setting and then Mail accounts and changed my password. images went thru!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I am no techno head by any stretch of the word but have you given you email signin a new password recently. I had the same trouble and went into my Iphone setting and then Mail accounts and changed my password. images went thru!
The new password had nothing to do with it. You could have deleted the account, then added it back with the same result.

Laura MC

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same issue. I cannot email myself photos from my camera roll on my phone, the pic appears in the message, I hear the swoosh like it sent, but I never receive it in my email box. This is a recent issue, I was able to do it a month ago. I had my husband send a photo via his phone to my email and I got it. Also, I sent a pic to his email from my phone and he got it. I have IOS 9.

Laura MC

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same issue. I cannot email myself photos from my camera roll on my phone, the pic appears in the message, I hear the swoosh like it sent, but I never receive it in my email box. This is a recent issue, I was able to do it a month ago. I had my husband send a photo via his phone to my email and I got it. Also, I sent a pic to his email from my phone and he got it. I have IOS 9.
O.K,I just restarted my phone, turned it all the way off and back on again and now I am receiving the pics in my email.

RobinKH

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
I was having the same problem and found that my outbound email server address (that my phone was trying to use to send pics) was incorrect. My regular emails were going thru just fine and I got the "swoosh" which I believed meant all was well too when sending pics... but NOT!

When looking at my settings, I found I had multiple email accounts, (work, personal, icloud, gmail, comcast) some of which were duplicate emails, and the one my pics app used to send photos to email had the wrong outbound server address. I deleted all email account duplicates and corrected all server addresses within each email account by finding them on the www help pages for each type of email account... comcast and gmail.

Once I made the corrections on my phone email settings, my photos went through!

Check your settings for all your outbound email server addresses.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I was having the same problem and found that my outbound email server address (that my phone was trying to use to send pics) was incorrect. My regular emails were going thru just fine and I got the "swoosh" which I believed meant all was well too when sending pics... but NOT!

When looking at my settings, I found I had multiple email accounts, (work, personal, icloud, gmail, comcast) some of which were duplicate emails, and the one my pics app used to send photos to email had the wrong outbound server address. I deleted all email account duplicates and corrected all server addresses within each email account by finding them on the www help pages for each type of email account... comcast and gmail.

Once I made the corrections on my phone email settings, my photos went through!

Check your settings for all your outbound email server addresses.

Thanks for sharing this. Hopefully it will benefit others.

d101au

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
I've recently experienced the very same problem arising with my iPhone 6S - photos can no longer be emailed. It was working and then it stopped. I tried the suggested solution above of turning the phone off completely and then on again without any benefit. Phone will still not email photos.

I've also checked my email settings and standard emails are being dispatched without any trouble, but emails generated within other apps (for example, the Apple iPhone 'Notes' app) also do not send. So its not a problem limited to the photos app alone.

Has anyone come across another solution for this issue?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox