I

iMore Question

I'm going to try to be as thorough as possible:

1. Brand new PC (Windows 10)
2. Brand new installation of iTunes, so completely current
3. iPod Touch 6.1.6
4. Computer recognizes the device
5. Device shows in iTunes
6. There is no add or edit or any other button for my playlists in either iTunes or in the device controls.
7. This is particularly an issue because I just bought a bunch of music and downloaded some other files that I'd like to be able to add to the device; they're in iTunes, but I can't put them on the iPod.

Is there anything that I can do to remedy this?

BB-JAM215

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
See: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202662

In iTunes for Windows 7 or later, menus are off by default. To turn on iTunes menus temporarily, press the Alt key. This will turn the menus on and off.

To keep the iTunes menus on all of the time, follow these steps:
Click the Menu icon in the upper-left corner of iTunes.

From the pop-up menu, select Show Menu Bar.
You can also press the Control and B keys at the same time to turn on the menu bar.

TheBestMetal

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Thank you -- that did open up some things that I hadn't seen. I still don't have the usual buttons visible, though. Here's a roughly blurred screen capture. snip.PNG

Because my device is old, I'm worried about compatibility with iTunes/Windows or some issue between the two platforms.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Did iCloud Music get turned on somehow? I know someone who was trying to sync a playlist on the Mac to iPhone, and but could not. Soon as we turned off iCloud Music, all of the normal buttons and controls used for selecting a playlist appeared and were able to sync that playlist to the iPhone. Restarted iTunes after disabling iCloud Music just to be sure.

TheBestMetal

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
I'm going to have to try that! I might be signed in. Everything was so brand-spankin' new when I started to set up that things that I didn't even know I was doing were happening.

BB-JAM215

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
iTunes like other software has gone for a minimalist view by default. Did you click on the music icon in the upper-left corner of iTunes, and then click Playlists?

Here what the top part of my iTunes looks like with Windows 7:

Attachments

• iTunes Menus.jpg
    iTunes Menus.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 171

TheBestMetal

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I was back and forth between the music tab for iTunes and the iPod's menu. The edit button showed up for iTunes (though it suspiciously didn't like my drag-and-drop of the things I was transferring from my computer, it did take show them when I rebooted), but never for the iPod.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal