Why can't I downgrade to 8.4 from iOS beta 9?

I

iMore Question

I've tried several times to downgrade to the iOS 8.4. Sadly I've tried ever method. Do I need to delete the feedback app and the software profile for ios9? I like the iOS 9 but I miss my working apps.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
All you have to do is go to is erase all contents and settings, put your device in recovery or DFU mode, make sure your computer is connected to the internet and using the latest version of iTunes, and then restore the device via iTunes.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
It's too late to downgrade to 8.4. It's no longer being signed. It was stop being signed just as of an hour ago. But yes as mentioned above, you can put your device into DFU mode and go to 8.4.1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's too late to downgrade to 8.4. It's no longer being signed. It was stop being signed just as of an hour ago. But yes as mentioned above, you can put your device into DFU mode and go to 8.4.1.

Great catch. Thanks, Garz...:)

Kayla Kemp

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
So 8.4.1 is what my phone will go to when downgraded? The iOS software I need to erase right?
When I downgrade I don't loose contacts or apps do I?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
You won't lose contacts as long as you have in loud on for them. You can redownload your apps but you can use your backup. You can't use a iOS 9 back up on iOS 8. Yes it will go to 8.4.1.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If I set up as new that means I cannot get my apps or contacts back right? Start fresh pretty much

If you set up as new, it's like setting up a new phone with no back up. You will lose some things. Like game progress and etc. But you won't lose contacts, Calendar and etc. All Settings would need to be set up again. Your apps would need to be downloaded again from the App Store. I restored my phone as new last spring. It's not that bad. Just a bit of work setting up. But the phone ran a lot smoother.
I was short some contacts. They were Gmail contacts, so I went to Settings >Mail, Contacts and Calendar >Gmail > toggled on Contacts. They came right back.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I just set up my phone as new a few days ago. Contacts, calendar and reminders all came back. It's just a little time consuming to go through settings and set up and download apps. My phone does run smooth.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Setting up as new... You can sync to iTunes on computer to get apps back without downloading again...syncing is not the same thing as restoring a backup...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Remona94B9