Why cant Apple figure out how to send a PDF using iMessage w/o resorting to work arounds?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
So, while everyone here says this is easy and they have no problem. Here is the problem when you send a PDF via iMessage( another iPhone) it does work. In case it's only me that has noticed, Android has more phones in the market and while you can text via iMessage (really sms) you cant send a PDF. verified this thru apple because it just doesn't work. I didn't notice I was sending it to an Android phone. One of those weird things that's really annoying. Like being sucked into a group text and the person who started the text has an Android phone. If it was started with an iPhone you can remove yourself. If it's started with an Android you have to ask to be removed.

Ok, I'm going to play the role of devil's advocate here.

I went back and looked, and until this post, you never mentioned you were sending to an Android device. So in regard to your OP, yes, sending PDF's via iMessage works just fine. I use it every day to send files to friends, family and coworkers.

Now in regard to sending to Android, I have no idea nor am I going to speculate. I'm not here to figure out why my iPhone can't send a PDF to an Android. If that doesn't work, I'll email it. At least that way I have proof I sent the file.

This horse is dead.

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I'm going to play the role of devil's advocate here.

I went back and looked, and until this post, you never mentioned you were sending to an Android device. So in regard to your OP, yes, sending PDF's via iMessage works just fine. I use it every day to send files to friends, family and coworkers.

Now in regard to sending to Android, I have no idea nor am I going to speculate. I'm not here to figure out why my iPhone can't send a PDF to an Android. If that doesn't work, I'll email it. At least that way I have proof I sent the file.

This horse is dead.

Yeah, I didn't know I was sending to an android phone. Fact is, it never even occurred to me to ask. I couldn't tell you with any accuracy how much time in my day is spent pondering the phone choices of other people. There is currently a thread here that asks that very question and I did notice that I am not alone in my thought

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien