Why aren't my Google calendars appearing on my Apple Watch iOS 2?

I

iMore Question

My Google calendars are no longer appearing in Apple Watch iOS 2

After upgrading to Apple Watch iOS 2, the only events that I see in my calendar complication are iCloud calendars. However, I only use Gmail calendars. So it says, "no more events today." Solutions?

mal5z

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: My Google calendars are no longer appearing in Apple Watch iOS 2

Same problem here. It's not perfect, but I found a workaround.

Go to your Google Calendar from a desktop web browser. In the left-hand column, find the calendar you want to see on your Apple Watch. Choose "Calendar Settings" using the drop-down menu for that calendar. One of the settings options will be "private address." Click "iCal" and it will provide you a private link to your calendar that you can share. Copy that link and paste it into an email to yourself. Open that email on your iPhone and click the link. It will ask you if you want to subscribe to that calendar. Say "yes" and you will have shared your Google calendar with yourself. Then go to the Watch app on your iPhone. Choose General/Reset/Reset Sync Data. Pressing that won't give any feedback that you've actually done anything, but it's working. It wipes all the contacts and calendar data from your phone and resends that data. You should now see your Google Calendar on your Watch. It worked for me. Basically, the Watch seems unable to directly access a Google calendar, but if you share the calendar with your iphone, the Watch can see that stream.

MACximize

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: My Google calendars are no longer appearing in Apple Watch iOS 2

Ok. I'm also noticing that I don't see any iCloud calendars either. And yes, for me too the Reset Sync Data does not appear to work. Another symptom, in the Apple Watch App on the iPhone, if I choose Calendar, "Don't show alerts" appears when Mirror my iPhone is selected. And when I choose Custom, all the alerts are Off, and can't be turned on!