Why are you an Apple loyalist?

openbook

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys

I am new to the forum and I just wanted to know what makes you loyal to Apple? Why stick with Apple and continue to buy their products?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Loyalist? No. Happy customer? Definitely! Why am I a "happy customer"? Well, Apple's high-quality built products are easy to use, powerful, and just work, and their customer service is arguably the best on the planet.

Last edited:

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Apple Loyalist sounds so much like being a member of political party or something.
The following is from a article that Karen Coulter posted on another thread. This section on Apples business model pretty much nails it in my opinion.
It's not so much being a "loyalist" Apple makes great products.

"Business Models

Apple?s business model is straightforward: It aims to make the best products in the world by designing hardware, software, and services in tandem. Because Apple?s products are meaningfully different than those of its competitors, the company can charge a premium for them, which it invests into making better products. These new products are then sold at a premium, and the company then takes some of that premium to design the next generation of products. It?s a self-perpetuating cycle: The premiums from one generation of products funds the development of the next.

Apple?s OEM competitors have a different business model. PC makers like Dell and HP license Windows from Microsoft, and any component that one company uses can also be used by the other. If Dell releases a computer with a screen that consumers are willing to pay a premium for, the company will make some extra profit for a little while, but as soon as HP catches on, HP will purchase the same screen and sell it inside a comparable computer ? and at a lower price. So HP will undercut Dell, then Dell will undercut HP, and then HP will undercut Dell again ? etc. ? until there?s no extra profit to be made from selling a computer with that screen. This dynamic applies to every component consumers are willing to pay a premium for, not just screens. Since PC makers can?t meaningfully differentiate their products from one another, they have nothing to compete on but price.

Smartphones are a similar story. OEMs like Motorola and HTC license Android from Google, and any component that one company uses can also be used by the other. If Motorola releases a phone with a better camera that consumers are willing to pay a premium for, Motorola will make some extra profit for a little while, but as soon as HTC catches on, HTC will purchase the same camera and sell it inside a comparable phone ? and at a lower price. So HTC will undercut Motorola, then Motorola will undercut HTC, and then HTC will undercut Motorola again ? etc. ? until there?s no extra profit to be made from selling a phone with that camera. Android OEMs can?t meaningfully differentiate their products from one another, so they have nothing to compete on but price."

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm not even sure what a "loyalist" really consists of.

I am a fan of what Apple has made so far...especially the products I have purchased and use daily. Loyal? Not at all. They're a company, and having loyalty in a consumer technology company is a bit silly.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I am a loyalist to whatever platform works best for me. Presently, and for the last four years, Apple's solution works best for me.
Dependability, build quality, support, customer service, app quality. It works, out of the box, first day and every day after.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm not, I stick to what works.
I've left Apple twice before: once because only ATT had iPhones and I hated ATT more than I liked the phone, and once because of IOS7 and subsequent bad CS at the Apple store.
But I find Apple much improved in every way, now, and it sure beats the snot out of the Android and Blackberry nonsense I found myself in for a while.
Right now, I have zero issues with any of the Apple products I use.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
They make good products and backup their stuff when something goes wrong.

The minute they stop doing that, I'm gone. I'm not "loyal" at all because I find it kind of stupid to be loyal to an entity with people I don't know personally or couldn't care less that I exist.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Not a loyalist, but I do enjoy using Apple products. The customer service is unbelievable, never had better before. They stand by their product.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm an Apple loyalist because they have proven themselves to me.

It's important to support companies that provide goods and services you enjoy, use, or need. Why? Because it you don't, someday they might not be there for you.

Some of you youngins might not remember this, but there was a time when loyalty meant something. So . . . I attempt to be loyal to people and companies, even if they are not perfect. That is my philosophy.

With that being said, loyalty has it's limits, except when it comes to your spouse and children. Therefore, if Apple ever fails to provide a great experience, repeatedly, then . . .