Why are there so many Nintendo Switch stories on iMore?

steve_w_7

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
This is not a complaint. I only click on stories that I am interested in, but I was just wondering if there was a connection between Apple and Nintendo that I was missing.

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
I was semi-wondering this myself. I mean, I really don't mind, but there does seem to be quite a bit of articles on iMore. I'm guessing its because there's not much current Apple product information at the moment, probably a drought before the spring Apple event.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
This is not a complaint. I only click on stories that I am interested in, but I was just wondering if there was a connection between Apple and Nintendo that I was missing.

Thats a great question steve_w_7

Our community Manager, James said to us they want to try expand the iMore news to include more things not just related to Apple. Which can appeal to a slightly wider audience including Gamers :D

We're expanding coverage areas on iMore to include gaming and a lot more. We want to welcome in as many gamers as we can!

Also, Nintendo launching the Switch is a pretty big deal and is very popular right now. Just like Pokémon Go is/was :)

steve_w_7

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
I see... Since Apple doesn't have a gaming console (Microsoft has the Xbox so there is a ton of Xbox talk on Windows Central), iMore has 'adopted' the Switch. Makes sense, I suppose. Thanks!

Tinkernaught

May 29, 2017
Visit site
I see... Since Apple doesn't have a gaming console (Microsoft has the Xbox so there is a ton of Xbox talk on Windows Central), iMore has 'adopted' the Switch. Makes sense, I suppose. Thanks!

I had the same question, so thank you for asking and receiving all the helpful replies. :)

jbancasto

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I would say a big reason is that the intersection of gaming and mobile devices is becoming more and more blurred. The Switch has the ability to blur that line even further, should Nintendo ever get smart about their mobile strategy.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
It’s part of them “putting the More in iMore.” Also, most of the sites have a console platform section for one of the big consoles. Naturally WindowsCentral has Xbox. iMore just got Nintendo, and now the Switch is the big new Nintendo console. The increased posts in the Nintendo Switch forum has to do with the iMore Nintendo Switch giveaway.

onix7cv

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure you've received and read something like this already, but I'll put in my two cents. I think it has to do with the type of business iMore.com is. It's an information business. There are only so many news about apple that iMore can post before running out of information. They need readers, they don't always have to be apple readers, but, people that are into technology tend to also like video games, so most readers don't mind. It helps them keep their business afloat while Apple news are slow. The same thing goes with all he Pokemon news. I don't read any, but I understand why they're necessary.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure you've received and read something like this already, but I'll put in my two cents. I think it has to do with the type of business iMore.com is. It's an information business. There are only so many news about apple that iMore can post before running out of information. They need readers, they don't always have to be apple readers, but, people that are into technology tend to also like video games, so most readers don't mind. It helps them keep their business afloat while Apple news are slow. The same thing goes with all he Pokemon news. I don't read any, but I understand why they're necessary.

There’s certainly truth to what you’re saying. Plain and simple, iMore is supported by ad revenue and the more readers they can attract the more revenue they bring in. Pokémon Go articles attract more readers than the majority of articles directly related to Apple.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods