Why are people quick to blame Apple for frivolous things?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
For example, Apple frequently updates iOS for various reasons, and yet, instead of being appreciative, people complain that there are too many updates even after complaining about Android’s lack of update dates to all of its devices. My pet peeve, however, is blaming Apple for 3rd-party apps not working correctly after updating iOS. They fail to see that Apple is not responsible for what we installed on our devices aside from what is natively installed with iOS. Not once are the developers blamed for not having an app update in place to coincide with an official iOS release. Granted, they may or may not know when Apple releases its updates, but you get the gist of what I’m saying. What are your thoughts on the matter.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
People seem to think the amount of updates in a given timetable indicates how bad Apple has become in coding in general.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Great topic! Spen and I chatted a little on this the other day. What I feel and what most people are starting to consider is that Apple as whole is starting to focus more on "quantity over quality". My example is seeing a future of apple correlating to samsung. The possible "X" line if going to a bigger size, could be apple versions of the "Note" give or take features.

Comes down to what the public eye aspects. The release frequency of public updates have been possibly eye catching to some. All of that taken in produces the question for me : "what unbeaten path of direction are they taking?"

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Great topic! Spen and I chatted a little on this the other day. What I feel and what most people are starting to consider is that Apple as whole is starting to focus more on "quantity over quality". My example is seeing a future of apple correlating to samsung. The possible "X" line if going to a bigger size, could be apple versions of the "Note" give or take features.

Comes down to what the public eye aspects. The release frequency of public updates have been possibly eye catching to some. All of that taken in produces the question for me : "what unbeaten path of direction are they taking?"

You could very well be right. With that in my mind, Apple doesn’t sell iOS as a standalone item, but in conjunction with the iPhone. In that regard, quantity over quality may not be correct. People don’t necessarily complain about the quality of the iPhone or even the iPhone itself, but more on software capabilities or the lack thereof in comparison to Android or Windows Mobile.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
You could very well be right. With that in my mind, Apple doesn’t sell iOS as a standalone item, but in conjunction with the iPhone. In that regard, quantity over quality may not be correct. People don’t necessarily complain about the quality of the iPhone or even the iPhone itself, but more on software capabilities or the lack thereof in comparison to Android or Windows Mobile.

I can agree, software can be a hit or miss. To me I feel ios 11 was slightly rushed. And they are doing the best they can to fix any issues. Far as 3rd party issues and having an X model, it's just a sit and wait.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I can agree, software can be a hit or miss. To me I feel ios 11 was slightly rushed. And they are doing the best they can to fix any issues. Far as 3rd party issues and having an X model, it's just a sit and wait.

It’s also possible that Apple took resources away from their QA (Quality Assurance) section. I really don’t know. What puzzles me is how a lot of issues affect some users and few issues affect all users. Yet, the things that affect some users get all the attention.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
The last couple of years of iOS revisions have been problematic and with iTunes 12.x and the loss of the app store and tones I feel they are really slighting their customers. Plus they take the attitude their products are perfect and northing is perfect. This mind set is what gets them into trouble.

JML5150

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately there is a proliferation of “dumb people with smartphones”. Some can’t or won’t use deductive reasoning to solve their problem and choose to blame the manufacturer.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm so glad you started this topic. I am weary of so many people complaining about Apple. It seems as though people just enjoy "hating" Apple. And while there have been occasional issues, Apple is always quick to respond to them. I appreciate the frequent updates, even more so since they don't take as long. I am loyal, and definitely biased. But that's because Apple gives me a reason to be!

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
It’s also possible that Apple took resources away from their QA (Quality Assurance) section. I really don’t know. What puzzles me is how a lot of issues affect some users and few issues affect all users. Yet, the things that affect some users get all the attention.

It's the way humans are wired. In general, you'll hear about negative experiences in greater frequency than you'll hear about positive ones.

A person is more likely to spread the word about a horrible experience they had than a positive one. This is nothing new, unfortunately.

"Frivolous" is subjective. What is meaningless to you may not be the same for others. And for those who aren't as technically aware, they don't know where to project their frustrations. Not everyone is as knowledgable as the tech forum crowd. That's what we often forget.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
"Frivolous" is subjective.
Yes, it is and since this thread is based on my personal feelings, tastes or opinions - the definition of “subjective”, it’s all good....
What is meaningless to you may not be the same for others.
No doubt about it.
And for those who aren't as technically aware, they don't know where to project their frustrations.
Be careful. Without using the words “some of” in front of “those”, you’re stating that everyone who aren’t technically aware does not know where to project their frustrations.
Not everyone is as knowledgable as the tech forum crowd. That's what we often forget.
We?....(Laughing)

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it is and since this thread is based on my personal feelings, tastes or opinions - the definition of “subjective”, it’s all good.... No doubt about it. Be careful. Without using the words “some of” in front of “those”, you’re stating that everyone who aren’t technically aware does not know where to project their frustrations. We?....(Laughing)

I think it’s a pretty fair guess that those in the less technically inclined category don’t know where to project their frustrations whether it be Apple or the third party developers. That’s the point of your questions isn’t it? Lol. Why people blame Apple for things that aren’t Apples fault. Well, that’s probably a pretty big piece of that.

I say “we” because many of the views I see through the forums are questioning why others do things they (the more knowledgeable) wouldn’t do. Well it seems kind of obvious when you try and look at it from their lens. My grand father complained that one of his apps didn’t work and blamed Apple because he isn’t knowledgeable of third party developers and how they were supposed to update their apps for the latest iOS version. That mentality is far more frequent than you all may think. Some people simply aren’t aware because they have no reason to be until things don’t work. That’s where “we” come in. To educate those who have no idea where to go to gain that knowledge.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I think it’s a pretty fair guess that those in the less technically inclined category don’t know where to project their frustrations whether it be Apple or the third party developers. That’s the point of your questions isn’t it? Lol. Why people blame Apple for things that aren’t Apples fault. Well, that’s probably a pretty big piece of that.
I suppose.

I say “we” because many of the views I see through the forums are questioning why others do things they (the more knowledgeable) wouldn’t do. Well it seems kind of obvious when you try and look at it from their lens. My grand father complained that one of his apps didn’t work and blamed Apple because he isn’t knowledgeable of third party developers and how they were supposed to update their apps for the latest iOS version. That mentality is far more frequent than you all may think. Some people simply aren’t aware because they have no reason to be until things don’t work. That’s where “we” come in. To educate those who have no idea where to go to gain that knowledge.

Oh okay.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
os and hardware related issues and Apples fault plain and simple and should be dumped at their feet. Now if 3rd party apps or accessories don't work as advertised that is the other companies issue. The only time i see it being Apple's fault as well is if they had a hand in it, say the LG Display, they helped design it and it was not perfect, although toda my 2 27" 5k are working well, but not as well as the Apple Cinema display of past. Apple's focus is on profits derived from iOS/iPhone, iPad, etc and not the laptop/desktop world as it used to be

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods