Why are my iPhone 5, iPhone 4S and iPad all ringing for the same incoming calls?

I

iMore Question

My husband's and my phone and iPad all ring at the same time when we get incoming calls (and we are near each other). How do I stop this and only get call on the phone actually being called?
Also, we now share contacts (when I add one it also adds to his phone and if deleted from either one, it deletes from both) I believe this started after an update a couple months ago. Can't figure out how to correct this problem.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: iPhone 5, iPhone 4s and iPad all ring with same incoming calls. Can't figure out how to fix this

My husband's and my phone and iPad all ring at the same time when we get incoming calls (and we are near each other). How do I stop this and only get call on the phone actually being called?
Also, we now share contacts (when I add one it also adds to his phone and if deleted from either one, it deletes from both) I believe this started after an update a couple months ago. Can't figure out how to correct this problem.

Go Settings > FaceTime on all devices and uncheck iPhone Cellular Calls for all iPads.

Next, in Settings > FaceTime, uncheck the phone numbers other than the number for each specific device under You Can Be Reached By FaceTime At section.

To clean up the shared contacts, go to Settings > Mail, Contacts and Calendars and turn off the sharing for Contacts for any common email address. Typically, this is the result of sharing a single iCloud account and sharing Contacts via that account.

devanm44

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: iPhone 5, iPhone 4s and iPad all ring with same incoming calls. Can't figure out how to fix this

Create Family sharing. One of you will need a new AppleId but if you both are sharing an AppleId it will keep happening because of how ios8 works.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB