Why are Android users so militant?

PhxBlue

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed this? I've never seen a group of tech enthusiasts so militant over a product.. I happen to own a Galaxy Nexus along with my iPhone so I visit Android centric sites as well. Man alive are they some angry hateful people on that side of the fence! I don't understand the extreme emotions these people suffer from..

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Ask Apple why they decided to use obscure patents to go against Google, when obviously Apple has copied some of Google's, and not to mention, other companies'

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Haha! Apple copied everything from Android, even the phone key pad, because Android was the first phone on the earth!

That's how Android users act. But I don't hear anyone saying that Android copied webOS for some things in Jelly Bean, right?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed this? I've never seen a group of tech enthusiasts so militant over a product.. I happen to own a Galaxy Nexus along with my iPhone so I visit Android centric sites as well. Man alive are they some angry hateful people on that side of the fence! I don't understand the extreme emotions these people suffer from..

Lmao, I know right?!? It's just a phone for gods sake!! Out of our household my son is the only one on an HTC d-inc and does not behave this way...TG lol

But I honestly don't get all the attitudes either.....

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

During my time on the "other side of the fence", I met and dealt with a great deal of nice, helpful and motivated people from whom I learned quite of bit. This, of course, was via the XDA Forums. Every so often, an Apple enthusiast would peek in and cause a commotion. Yet, I've experienced the EXACT SAME THING now that I'm on the Apple side of the fence. There will always be people who are passionate about a particular brand or product and there will always be others who are less passionate and non-committed. It is what it is, I suppose. ;)

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
And there are still people out there who behave that way about their Blackberries. It has nothing to do with the phone, and everything to do with the owners. It's like religious fundamentalists. You can't tell them they're wrong, because they believe, and they don't understand why you're not swept up in their zeal.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Android users are a bunch of geeks who think that their platform is the best and only way. They are also generally the group that loves windows and thinks Steve Jobs was the devil. I think they are also a little jealous of how popular and easy to use our platform is. Let them fuss and Be jealous, we're the ones enjoying our phones while they complain. :)

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
And there are still people out there who behave that way about their Blackberries. It has nothing to do with the phone, and everything to do with the owners. It's like religious fundamentalists. You can't tell them they're wrong, because they believe, and they don't understand why you're not swept up in their zeal.

+1 Alli. I still use Apple products, and although i've given my iPhone4 to my wife (in favor of my Vivid), i never knock Apple products. The radicals within the smartphone community are the BB users. IMHO.:rolleyes:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Android users are a bunch of geeks who think that their platform is the best and only way. They are also generally the group that loves windows and thinks Steve Jobs was the devil. I think they are also a little jealous of how popular and easy to use our platform is. Let them fuss and Be jealous, we're the ones enjoying our phones while they complain. :)

I believe anyone who frequent tech forums can be considered a geek of some sort. It should be of no surprise to anyone that a segment will find a particular platform to be the best for him or her, whether it is iOS, Android, Blackberry, WebOS or any other platform. It is all subjective.

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

taylorz_412

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I lurk and help ppl on ac and some of them are great people but some just hate anything not android but some are understanding of a persons choice of phone it just depends on the forum, in my experience over at xda is they troll new ppl to the forums and like to cause problems and conflicts IMO ..also they think android is never at fault for anything and apple is the devil And I frequently switch between iOS and android so I am not one sided to a community

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I lurk and help ppl on ac and some of them are great people but some just hate anything not android but some are understanding of a persons choice of phone it just depends on the forum, in my experience over at xda is they troll new ppl to the forums and like to cause problems and conflicts IMO ..also they think android is never at fault for anything and apple is the devil And I frequently switch between iOS and android so I am not one sided to a community

Well, i'm an Android user, and i think that Steve Jobs was a genius! :D

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
As an Android user and one who posts on a Android site I wouldn't say they are any more "militant" than the iOS users who post here. I enjoy the benefits that both platforms have to offer. :)

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
As an Android user and one who posts on a Android site I wouldn't say they are any more "militant" than the iOS users who post here. I enjoy the benefits that both platforms have to offer. :)

Exactly!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Paradocks

May 5, 2012
Visit site

iPhone users are a bunch of geeks who think that their platform is the best and only way. They are also generally the group that loves Apple and thinks Steve Jobs was the second coming of Christ. There, fixed that for you. :D (All in good fun. I use both platforms.)

Sent from somewhere

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

I disagree very highly. I use Android and I am certainly no more of a geek than anyone else who posts on various tech sites including this one. Also, Android users are enjoying their phones just as much as you are so stop kidding yourself. As an iOS user as well I can tell you Android users definitely don't have anything to be jealous of when it comes to the locked down, none customizabilty that iOS has offer. :D

Last edited:

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
The radicals within the smartphone community are the BB users. IMHO.:rolleyes:

This.

I've noticed the mods at Crackberry handed out quite a few bans this past weekend to a few users who enjoyed stirring the pot. I liked my Storm2, but it was a half baked product released way too late to compete with iPhones.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm one of the people who focuses completely on learning and enjoying any device that I purchase. When I had my Blackberry devices, I was all about Blackberry and the same for my Palm, Android and Apple devices. That's just the way I am and I'm certain there are others who feel the same way. ;)

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
All 4 of the major platforms, have users that are of ALL types, most are pretty cool most of the time, but some are wingnuts some of the time. I don't think any one platform has a monopoly on this. ;) The Mobile Nations moderators do a pretty good job handling things when forced to, at least that has been my expierence.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR