Why Apple Watch?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Tapatalk's search function is terrible so I apologize if this thread already exists. Okay, so I know this is a forum about Apple products, but seriously, other than connectivity and looks, why do you choose the Apple Watch over the competition. Or why do you choose the competition over Apple Watch?

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm choosing the Watch over the competition mainly because I'm not going to switch back to Android for wear and I don't really like the look of the Pebble or the OS on the pebble. Also because of the tight integration with iOS, the quality of the hardware and some of the cool features like Pay from the watch and the fitness aspects.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
That's build quality. A smart watch that actually looks nice compared to others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
A Lot of people think buying for looks in tech is not really a reason but we buy what we like when buying most other things. So for me the number one reason was because I fell in love with the design. Second was experience. I have had an iPhone for 8 years now. I have an iPad and a Mac. I love the experience on all of them. So why try another brand when chances are the Watch will give me the experience I'm used to having. Third is convenience. When I'm on the train or anywhere that it's inconvenient to pull out my iPhone. The watch will allow me to answer notifications, control my music, send messages and check my data usage. Finally customer service. I've owned Windows computers and other electronics. When something goes wrong it's a PITA trying to figure out who to call or where to take it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I made it perfectly clear that I didn't have an interest in the Watch nor did I have any intentions of buying one, but now that I will be receiving one as a gift, I look forward to its connectivity with my iPhone 6 Plus. As for picking it over a competitor, well, I'm highly invested in the Apple ecosystem in which all of my Apple products work see lesson together and therefore, it makes sense to maintain the status quo, especially being that I'm satisfied.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I think it's a silly question. If you want the best smartwatch FOR THE IPHONE and iOS ecosystem, why would you pick something other than Apple's smartwatch? Not to mention that Apple goes all in on the few products it offers. (We won't talk about Apple tv though). You know updates are coming. Support is solid. You're paying more than you probably should for it, but you're getting higher quality, support, and compatibility.

Now if you want a smartwatch that you'd feel wouldn't tie you to the iphone, don't get Apple's offering. If you just want notifications and don't care about the rest, something else may do the job for you. You want a screen that is on all the time (though not oled or as high res as Apple's) and better battery life. Stuff like that.

dianahk

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Initially I was going to wait, but I found that the watch will be an excellent activity tracker for me and connect to my apple ecosystem.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
The tie into the OS. As awesome as other smartwatches are (and will be if AndroidWear makes it to IOS) it will still be limited in what it can communicate with and do on IOS.

jevalladares

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
My opinion is that if you have an apple phone and tablet, your only choice to avoid compatibility issues is the Apple iWatch. If you have an Android device you should not go anywhere near it and seek an Android wear solution.

Personally I consider watches to be a jewelry now a days, for smartwatches to gain mass consumption I think they must seek to be seen as such.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I purchased the Apple Watch for the same reason I chose my iPhone, iPad, iMac, and Macbook Pro: quality and customer service.

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I currently wear and love the pebble but making the switch to the Apple Watch for the integration. I hope it doesn't disappoint.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I currently wear and love the pebble but making the switch to the Apple Watch for the integration. I hope it doesn't disappoint.

It might at first. But give it and the app developers time. You'll see big changes later this year.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Sammuel1973

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so I know this is a forum about Apple products, but seriously, other than connectivity and looks, why do you choose the Apple Watch over the competition. Or why do you choose the competition over Apple Watch?
But as a few have said, what competition is out there for Apple users? It's either the Pebble or Apple Watch, and if you want to integrate things, the Watch is the only choice, right?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods