Why am I unable to login to my iPhone 4s via my Apple ID?

jmcgorge

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I phone 4s

I have a phone that I bought new, i phone 4s . Somebody took it and tryed a different sim card in it.Needless to say it locked up, when i finally got it back they had put the original sim back in but now it says this phone to linked apple id .I put my apple id and password in and it says the same thing . So it says to change my password to a new one that will unlock it .I did and it did not . i changed the password 3 times still nothing. I can not sign into my icloud or itunes . Our nearest Apple dealer is over 150 miles away . I had give up on it until we came across this site. What really impressed me was the way you handled people trying to do unlawful acts to break into others phones. Thanks for any help you can give jmcgorge PS the apple id and password are my original ones. This phone has had no other owners

Last edited:

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: I phone 4s

What version of iOS was running on your device before it was stolen?

If it was IOS 6 then the theif might have restored it and created his own ID which it turn locked you out of your device

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

The apple id and password are my original ones. This phone has had no other owners. I bought it new 2 years ago

Right, but you stated "Somebody took it and tryed a different sim card in it. ... now it says this phone to linked apple id ". You need that "somebody" to enter the password for the Apple ID that they have used on the phone.

jmcgorge

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site

its linked to my original icloud acct. thats what it shows on the screen , but my original icloud id and password will not work now. it locked it out . When they tried a different sim. I talked to apple today and they couldn';t help me either Thanks anyway

jmcgorge

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site

I did, still the same thing . Thinking about a new phone , not an iPhone this has finished me with apple. Thanks for your help

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I did, still the same thing . Thinking about a new phone , not an iPhone this has finished me with apple. Thanks for your help

Finished with Apple? How is it Apple's fault? Most other platforms are implementing tough security measures as well.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

jmcgorge

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site

Customer service . I didn't steal this phone it was bought and paid for . wasn't used or stolen, but the way I am being treated by everyone it's like i have . Sorry for being a bother i though i might get some help

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

No one is treating you like you stole it, but you are being very vague with the details.

Who is the "somebody" who used your phone?
What did they do with it?
Have you tried having them sign in with their Apple ID in order to clear that from the phone?
Have you tried contact Apple support directly?
What else have you tried to troubleshoot the problem?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

Customer service . I didn't steal this phone it was bought and paid for . wasn't used or stolen, but the way I am being treated by everyone it's like i have . Sorry for being a bother i though i might get some help

Apologies if you feel we are putting any blame on you its not intended

We want to officially Welcome you to iMore and would like to get your issue resolved. Please give us as much info as requested by other members in this thread and we might get it worked out together

jmcgorge

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site

When you live in an apartment complex there is a lot of so called friends coming in and out. The phone disappeared and was gone for quite some time, then it shows up , locked up because that's what it is supposed to do when someone tampers with the sim. As far as who took it they didn't say i took your phone and couldn't use it so i brought it back. Why they brought it back i don't know. The icloud acct. id that it's locked with is my Apple I D & password that's what it says when i try to sign in .Use the Apple id you used to set up your phone and that's what i did but it didn't work, Everything I've tried that is suppose to work doesn't work .Customer service i spent hour or longer with them said take back the Apple store we can't help you .I gave them everything they ask . Yes our closest Apple store is 100 miles each way . Upset ,sure for all the good it does . I can't get into my own phone

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen