Why am I getting a ‘cannot open this iPad’ error?

Sayed Yousef

Aug 13, 2017
Visit site
PLS Help,
I need to re-open my old I pad G1 < by mistake I remove the device from (FIND MY I PHONE) app from my I phone and NOW when I enter my apple ID & Password it show this msg ( cannot open this I pad )

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: SAYED Y

One thing has nothing to do with the other. If you have the original packaging the IMEI number will be on the back and you could actually contact Apple and give that number to Apple to verify that you are the owner from your Apple ID. The device (iPad) password is for unlocking the device so you can access it. The Apple ID and Password are two separate steps in verifying the actual owner of the device. Removing the device from FIND MY iPHONE would not stop the password from gaining access to the device.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

PLS Help,
I need to re-open my old I pad G1 < by mistake I remove the device from (FIND MY I PHONE) app from my I phone and NOW when I enter my apple ID & Password it show this msg ( cannot open this I pad )

I’m missing something here. Removing the iPad from the Find My iPhone option will NOT prevent you from having access to the device. Furthermore, failing to enter a correct Apple ID and passcode should not give you a “cannot open this iPad” message - at least not to my knowledge. I’m going to assume the iPad is protected with the iCloud Activation Lock, and if so, all you need to do is enter the Apple ID and passcode associated with that account. It’s that simple.

Sayed Yousef

Aug 13, 2017
Visit site

Hi Sir . Good day

your comment is strongly right but as I mention that I have 3 more devices on the same ID
2- I pad Air & one I phone when I do change the Password < all devices need to update the new P/W
when I remove the device it was belong to this ID & when I return or unblock the I Pad I entered the same ID which ask me to enter the old apple ID to activate .
so if I don't have these IMEI ??
any other option ?

Sayed Yousef

Aug 13, 2017
Visit site

One more thing ,
if i enter wrong id the msg is "incorrect apple id or password "
but my id gives me "this apple id cannot open this i pad "

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Hi Sir . Good day

your comment is strongly right but as I mention that I have 3 more devices on the same ID
2- I pad Air & one I phone when I do change the Password < all devices need to update the new P/W
when I remove the device it was belong to this ID & when I return or unblock the I Pad I entered the same ID which ask me to enter the old apple ID to activate .
any other option ?

Then may I suggest taking the device (iPad) to an Apple Store or at least a call to Apple.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Hi Sir . Good day

any other option ?

You can chat with Apple Support online.
Apple Support
http://expresslane.apple.com/

Website
https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...F%2Fwww.apple.com%2Fcontact%2F&token=tEwEIVEO

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR