Why am I at times not receiving Text notifications?

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
anyone have any idea why sometimes I’m not receiving text notifications. Their showing up on my phone but they aren’t making that notification sound. everything is fine in settings. how do you check to see if that deliver quietly thing is off

circatee

Feb 22, 2021
Visit site
Re: Text notifications

Curious, do you have an Apple Watch, too? Are notifications set to match the iPhone, or?

turbochgd

Sep 21, 2021
Visit site

anyone have any idea why sometimes I’m not receiving text notifications. Their showing up on my phone but they aren’t making that notification sound. everything is fine in settings. how do you check to see if that deliver quietly thing is off

Chris, just to clarify you’re actually getting the texts just not hearing any sound, correct? There’s a couple things that come to mind: if you’re using the phone when they come in you won’t hear anything. Also did you try turning off the phone and restarting? That generally fixes issues like that.

Make sure Do Not Disturb is turned off or scheduled automatically. This is under Settings:General:Focus.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Text notifications

Chris, just to clarify you’re actually getting the texts just not hearing any sound, correct? There’s a couple things that come to mind: if you’re using the phone when they come in you won’t hear anything. Also did you try turning off the phone and restarting? That generally fixes issues like that.

Make sure Do Not Disturb is turned off or scheduled automatically. This is under Settings:General:Focus.

yes do not disturb is turned off. for example, today, I was on lunch at work my boss texted me. I did not hear it even with me not using my phone. I texted her back, I had my phone on the table and when she texted me back I could hear it

turbochgd

Sep 21, 2021
Visit site

Yes I have an Apple Watch. I never receive audio notifications on my phone, always the watch. Have you tried seeing how the notifications on your phone work with the watch off?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site

Do I go to allow notificationsView attachment 131390

It allows to test ;)
I reproduced your settings and sent myself an MMS message, and it notified me on my iPhone instead of the  Watch.

I have two questions:
  1. What are the notification settings for Messages on your iPhone?
  2. What is the text tone set, if any, for the contact(s) that you missed the notification?

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site

This is interesting, several times recently I have had text messages delivered when I was looking at my (screen off) XS, and there was no audible notification. This is intermittent, this is also a bloody nuisance if you are waiting for a text from your favourite friendly cab driver !
I have no Apple watch.

garberinc

Nov 2, 2021
Visit site

Same thing happening here. Watch or no watch. Sometimes text alerts come through, sometimes they don't. Sometimes iPhone to iPhone works, sometimes not. Odd issue. But very annoying.

circatee

Feb 22, 2021
Visit site
Well, just to add, for the past two days, I have noticed the SAME thing. Even this morning, my Missus sent me a message at 09:32, and I only saw it because I picked up my phone to make a phone call (over an hour later).

Clearly something is up with the latest up 15.1

EDIT: Focus is not on, I never use; just checked to confirm...

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
can anybody send that feedback to Apple for me since I don’t have the Feedback app please. it’s still happens. I hope it doesn’t happen on my iPhone 13 Pro.