who's planning on rolling naked with their 5??

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If I indeed purchase the new iPhone, I will indeed sport it as-is and not cover it up in a case or bumper, but that's Just Me, D...;)

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I will probably have to see what cases bumpers are available, but I am tempted to roll naked.

I will also be tempted to roll AROUND naked with it when it arrives on Friday :-0

theogt

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
i know i will.. whenever i get mine. wouldn't have it any other way
I've owned every iteration of the iPhone and have never used a case. I've also never had a cracked or heavily scratched screen.

The greatest thing about the phone is its beautiful design. Covering that up with some gigantic rubber monstrosity is like putting a car bra on an Aston Martin.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Def naked here too. I hardly ever used a case on my 4 or 4S. I did with my 3G and 3GS, but realized they're not as fragile as I once thought.

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
well, since I'm originally from Memphis, we call this "nekked" :D but my iPhone 4 has been fine that way for 2.5 years so I'm sure the 5 will do well also. Count me in the "Apple spends $$$$$ on industrial design and I'm going to appreciate it fully" camp.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I always run bareback (with my phones only). However I don't know how the sides of the black iPhone will withstand abuse. Will the black come off the antennas? I tend to lay my iPhone on its side.

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
... Count me in the "Apple spends $$$$$ on industrial design and I'm going to appreciate it fully" camp.

My iPhone 5 will be unfettered, for exactly this reason. I had a case on my 3GS but my 4S has run naked and made it through the past year with nary a scratch.

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I'll be sporting mine in the nude. I got a secret tho, I usually have mine Ghost Armored. ;) hopefully it'll be out when I get my phone.

Sent from my i4 using Tapatalk

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Sometimes I have a case on It and sometimes I have a case, At any given time I would out a case on or take a case off. But this on will go naked for at least the first week so I can enjoy the feel and how thin it is.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I am going naked too.

Seeing how the glass is flush with the band, unlike the 4/4S, I am not worried about cracking the screen if I drop it on an edge.

iresq_iphone_5_4s_bottom_comparison.jpg

Why Apple Is Killing Off The Bumper, And Why You Won’t Need A Case For Your iPhone 5 | Cult of Mac

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I always run bareback (with my phones only). However I don't know how the sides of the black iPhone will withstand abuse. Will the black come off the antennas? I tend to lay my iPhone on its side.

It depends on the material. If it's anodized aluminum, then no worries. If it's painted steel, we may have a problem. Time will tell.

GreatNeal

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
My first reason to choose Apple is because iPhone 5 is pure sex. No other phones are able to come close this perfection.
Putting on a case with it? U mad?
Be it drop the phone. Be it scratch the screen. I will roll naked. It's only a few dollars to get it repaired.
Besides. The screen is made to withstand everyday scratch.
I rolled 4S naked for 9months without screen protector. It still looks as new. I think screen protectors are really a scam -.-"
Moreover, Apple has done us the kindness to make it as slim as possible. To reach to consumers wanting it thin. Complaining ITS NOT THIN ENOUGH!!! Now you want to add a case to make it fat. U mad?

Reactions: iphonefizzle

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I think I am going to do this. At least for a little while at first. Probably throw a screen protector on but no case.

Ginbill

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I want to get a speck card case for mine. More for functionality than protection at this point. It keeps me from having to carry or remember my wallet.