• Yes

Votes: 42 79.2%
  • No

Votes: 11 20.8%

• Total voters

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely! Apple Care Plus is the first thing I added to my 5S after activating it and applying a case a screen protector.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Got it.

Peace of mind -- if I drop it enough times, just pay $79 and get a new phone. Lets me enjoy the phone more, not worrying about its fragility. (And they actually aren't that fragile. Dropped the 5 on concrete, and it just nicked up the edge a bit.)

Larry Pager

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Huh- I never thought about Best buy or Verizon's insurance plan.
Since I bought it through Verizon and am waiting for it, do I just bring it in to a local Apple store to get it?

hahaha- I'm scouring iMore and the internet for insurance and a case for a phone I don't have!

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Since I bought it through Verizon and am waiting for it, do I just bring it in to a local Apple store to get it?

hahaha- I'm scouring iMore and the internet for insurance and a case for a phone I don't have!

You can also call Apple.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

kristopherlarry

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site

Yeah When U Get It Just Take It In To Apple & They Will Inspect It Before Granting U AppleCare...

Sent From The State Of Ohio...

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

When you get your iPhone 5S you have 30 days to add AC+. You can do this by making a appointment to have it inspected in an Apple store, or by calling 1-800-275-2273. Calling the 1-800 # will require you to run a remote diagnostic test and provide proof of purchase.

B1ue_B1aze

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I purchased AppleCare+ when I bought my 5s. I'm contemplating getting it for my MacBook Air as well. I got it for my 5s mostly because I purchased it at full retail price unlocked. While I try to take care of my devices, accidents happen especially with mobile devices. If an accident happens I'd rather pay the $79 + tax and get it repaired or replaced over paying the full $650 + tax for a new iPhone.

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I purchased AppleCare+ when I bought my 5s. I'm contemplating getting it for my MacBook Air as well. I got it for my 5s mostly because I purchased it at full retail price unlocked. While I try to take care of my devices, accidents happen especially with mobile devices. If an accident happens I'd rather pay the $79 + tax and get it repaired or replaced over paying the full $650 + tax for a new iPhone.

I feel the Apple Care + for Macs is just too expensive, specially that the chances anything would go wrong with a Mac is really low.

Philip Pearl

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I feel the Apple Care + for Macs is just too expensive, specially that the chances anything would go wrong with a Mac is really low.

You might think that. So did I, when I bought my MacBook Air. What can go wrong, I thought. But I bought Applecare anyway. I was glad I did when, after just over a year's ownership, the solid state drive that "never fails" did fail, and had to be replaced. I always buy Applecare.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I usually only keep my phones for a year but I got it because I always give my old phone to my son...and he's extremely rough with his phones!!!

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Since we have the 5s and 5c, we decided to purchase AC+ for both. Also helps the resale value.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I'll probably get apple care just before my 1 year warranty expires.

You have to get it within 30 days of original purchase.

AppleCare+ for iPhone - Apple Store (U.S.)

Apple said:
How to get AppleCare+
Add it to your shopping cart during the checkout process when you purchase your new iPhone.
Buy it within 30 days of your iPhone purchase. Your iPhone purchase date is the date we ship and charge you for your order:

-At an Apple Retail Store (requires inspection of your iPhone and proof of purchase)
-By calling (800) 275-2273 (requires you to run a remote diagnostic and provide proof of purchase)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I got it for my 5S. If I don't keep the phone for over a year I just get a refund for the prorated amount. I've done this 3 times with Apple Care +

Xx BEN xX

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I didn't bother getting it this time around. Really they will replace it for 200.00 if it gets broken, still more than AppleCare but I'm willing to risk it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1ue_B1aze

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I wish AppleCare had accidental damage coverage for the MacBook line since their portable, and moved around a lot.

You might think that. So did I, when I bought my MacBook Air. What can go wrong, I thought. But I bought Applecare anyway. I was glad I did when, after just over a year's ownership, the solid state drive that "never fails" did fail, and had to be replaced. I always buy Applecare.

Then I read stories like yours lol. It makes me worry that something like that'll happen to mine and I'll be out of luck without AppleCare or my non existent deep pockets to get it repaired without.

brijuhaha

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I got it for my 5S. If I don't keep the phone for over a year I just get a refund for the prorated amount. I've done this 3 times with Apple Care +

That's what i am planning to do but have no idea how much i'll get back later on.

Any rough estimates what'll you get in return at the end of the year?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice