• Yes

Votes: 42 79.2%
  • No

Votes: 11 20.8%

• Total voters

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Virtually yes, it reached my parents in the US and it just departed the US now. Should reach Qatar tomorrow but as it's weekend here I will be picking it up on Sunday or Monday.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

God the wait must of been killing you so badly. At least it's on its way mate!

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Cheers. So I must keep the receipt for over a year? Lol

I don't think you need to keep it. Apple has records of everything, when I wanted to repair my MacBook Pro in an Apple Store in San Francisco I didn't bring anything with me but my passport as a proof of identity when I receive my device back.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I always get it, and I also carry the carrier insurance in case of loss/theft.

Same here. If I got the loot I get Apple Care +. Especially with the new Touch ID. You never know when it might crap out. Just go in and get a new one. Same deal if it's stolen or loss. I'm sticking with my 5s until the 6s.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Did the verizon insurance. Has paid off in replacements in the past. I can afford the insurance but I couldn't afford to replace it if I dropped it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
He lied (or just had no idea what he was talking about). It's always been 30 days.

Before they introduced apple care + you could add apple care anytime within the 1st year. Maybe the associate confused the two.

With my 1st 2 iPhones I bought apple care but I think it was only $60 (I think). $99 + a replacement charge for apple care + doesn't hold much value to me. I upgrade every year so I've decided against it. If I was planning on keeping it past a year I would probably get it.

On Order: 64gb GOLD 5s AT&T
Ordered: 11:04 am est 9/20
Order Status: processing...est shipping Oct 24-28 delivery by Nov 1
Mental Status: questionable...the longer I wait the more crazed I become about checking my order status.

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a MasterCard Word credit card, it offers me extended warranty for additional 12 months, that includes 500$ per claim with a limit of up to 3000$. Since Apple charges you about 200$ for iPhone replacements if you don't have Apple Care +, and the credit card covers up to 500$ per claim do I still need to care about Apple Care +?

I have already bought Apple Care + with this iPhone 5S, but I was asking so I know what to do with my future Apple devices. Also do you think the credit card will cover the 79$ replacement fee for Apple Care + replacements?

Extended Warranty by MasterCard World link: http://worldcard.mastercard.com/content/world/mea/en/peace-of-mind/purchase-protection.html

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I have a MasterCard Word credit card, it offers me extended warranty for additional 12 months, that includes 500$ per claim with a limit of up to 3000$. Since Apple charges you about 200$ for iPhone replacements if you don't have Apple Care +, and the credit card covers up to 500$ per claim do I still need to care about Apple Care +?

I have already bought Apple Care + with this iPhone 5S, but I was asking so I know what to do with my future Apple devices. Also do you think the credit card will cover the 79$ replacement fee for Apple Care + replacements?

Extended Warranty by MasterCard World link: http://worldcard.mastercard.com/content/world/mea/en/peace-of-mind/purchase-protection.html

I dont think the credit card will cover you if you still have some kind of warranty or coverage, I always buy my iphones with Amex credir cards so I extend the warranty for two years, I'm not really that concern about damage or theft so I never pay for that stuff

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I dont think the credit card will cover you if you still have some kind of warranty or coverage, I always buy my iphones with Amex credir cards so I extend the warranty for two years, I'm not really that concern about damage or theft so I never pay for that stuff

But if I didn't have Apple Care + they would cover it, right?

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Seems like MasterCard would cover you if you didn't have Apple Care plus.

Too bad it doesn't extend the phone support too, that's why I am still happy I got Apple Care +.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Too bad it doesn't extend the phone support too, that's why I am still happy I got Apple Care +.

Oh yea getting AC+ is a good move. These things are fragile and you never know what may happen.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I get it for the fact you can use your phone the way it was meant to be used without the worry of dings and scratches. Then turn it in for replacement when its time to sell. That way you have a pristine refurb to sell, and add extra value by transferring the AC+ to the new owner.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

Extended Warranty by MasterCard World link: World MasterCard® | Purchase Protection & Extended Warranty

From what I'm reading there, Mastercard would not fully replace AppleCare+

Mastercard said:
Extended Warranty is the extended coverage for an additional 12 months from the expiry date of the original warranty. The benefit duplicates the terms of the original Manufacturer?s Warranty up to one full year for Covered Purchases that cease to operate satisfactorily and require repairs during the Policy Period. World MasterCard cardholders can get their eligible purchases repaired or replaced for up to USD 500 per claim and a maximum of USD 2,000 over a 12 month period of insurance.

The key part is: "The benefit duplicates the terms of the original manufacturers warranty" which for Apple, without AppleCare+, does not cover accidental damage.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Basically, what I'm reading it as: If you buy a $2000 TV, with a one year manufacturers warranty that completely covers it from failure with repairs or replacement at no cost to you, then Mastercard, after that first year, will cover the TV for a second year, for failure with repairs or replacement at no cost to you up to $500 per claim. So if the tv completely breaks beyond the possibility of repair after 18 months, they will pay $500 of the cost of a replacement. If a replacement is $650, then you have to cover the $150 difference.

and if you break the TV, by say, throwing a baseball at it... (accidental damage) which the original manufacturers warranty wouldn't cover anyway, I don't think Mastercard will cover it either.