Who uses True Tone?

porier91

May 23, 2017
Visit site
I just started using True Tone and wanted to see who all has it enabled. All it does is make the screen warmer in different environments. But what are the advantages of True Tone truly? Thanks.

213ninja

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I do not. While I like it for every day reading and surfing, I don’t like it for photo editing (which I do a lot), and I found myself forgetting to turn it off. This resulted in color accuracy issues that I just couldn’t live with

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
also since day one.
I think it makes looking at the screen very pleasant, in any given situation. I don't even notice changes in warmth - but I guess that's how it's supposed to be.
I do some photo editing, but not very sophisticated, so no issue for me.

McGyver98N

Feb 10, 2019
Visit site
I do along with night shift from 7pm to when I wake up at 5:30am. I do photo editing and iPhoneography but see no issue in editing photos with it on. I have sensitive eyes and it has helped me out with warmer colors.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Use it all the time. If I change it, it looks terrible.

Even using tv or other monitors and I can't stand the look.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Nope, I don't use it. Invert, True Tone....just give us a Dark Theme, and stop doing everything not to.
Just sayin'

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Dark Mode has it's pros and cons. Dark Mode is bright areas or sunlight sucks IMO

Well we definitely don't have the same opinion on this matter. I just tested this theory and without a doubt, white letters on a black background/screen is much easier to read that black letters on a white background/screen in sunlight...IMHO

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Just going by what my eyes have seen. But that's why there are settings and we can each choose an option...
Well we definitely don't have the same opinion on this matter. I just tested this theory and without a doubt, white letters on a black background/screen is much easier to read that black letters on a white background/screen in sunlight...IMHO

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox