Who updated to iOS 10 already?

gregoron

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Mine is showing up in Software Update already but that red notification badge hasn't reminded me yet on my Settings icon.

Could there be any issues with the older chip in the 5c and 5 since it's made for the newer chips in mind?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Mine is showing up in Software Update already but that red notification badge hasn't reminded me yet on my Settings icon.

Could there be any issues with the older chip in the 5c and 5 since it's made for the newer chips in mind?
I've been using iOS 10 since June and it's been a pleasure to use. I also have it installed on my youngest son's iPhone 5S, and it works well with it. With that in mind, I think it'll work well with your device, too.

gregoron

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Just updated mine to 10 and it's working well so far. I noticed that:

1. It freed more memory even with the downloaded update file gone.
2. Battery seems to last longer
3. UI seemed faster.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I have 45 apps on my iPhone 5c and now when I press the home button it sometimes takes 4 to 5 seconds to open up all my apps. Also I had a couple of crashes on the 5C but that's not as bad as on the iPad air which is about once or twice daily. I think iOS 10 has some more polishing to go through before I would consider it as reliable as iOS 9 was towards the end. But overall it's more than usable.

I did have a situation where my iPhone answered a call and I did not press any buttons. It rang once I saw the name on the screen and It just decided to answer. By the way under the phone settings, I love the new Call Announce feature.

That said, my buddy also has an iPhone 5c and he has absolutely no problems, pages load fast no freezing or jittery pages etc.

red5gary

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
I did and I'm not liking it...my phone has shut off my network automatically three times now. Such a pain and very frustrating.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Updated to 10.1.1 on my iPhone 5C tonight and on the iPad air and everything runs a lot smoother. I think everything after iOS 10 is just gonna be a fix and a cleanup basically. My Bluetooth speaker now connects better it doesn't have any static and there's no lag motion sideswiping to the next screen looking at apps.

Now when I press the home button to enter my apps it doesn't take five seconds like it did on iOS 10 initially.

Also interesting is that I kept 42 apps on my phone and I have 200 photos and only two songs, the rest were put in iCloud and I still have 6.9 gigs free space left out of a 16 GB device. This is pretty impressive, I'm surprised.

I was getting a lot of crashing on my iPad air so I'll be keeping a watch on that and seeing what happens.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My wife's 5c is doing well on iOS 10.1.1. No issues I'm aware of. But on her 32 gb model, she has 17 gb available. I think that helps it run smooth.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods