Who plans on getting this phone in the 256GB variant?

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Just curious who is choosing to go with 256GB as an option. Besides having the extra $100 to spend and just having that comfort zone (which is usually what I do), who uses that much space on their iPhone?

I also tend to think that the pictures that the 7 Plus, specifically, is going to take, will take up a lot more additional space for those that do a lot of picture-taking, no?

For photos, yes. Also impatient: ship date was sooner for 256GB!

Adranalyne

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I generally only opt for the lower storage options when I'm purchasing off contract (like Nexus devices). When it's on contract/device installment plans, I can't help but to get the high option, regardless of whether I'll use it or not. Resale value is a key factor, but also because I like to know there's little to no restrictions on my devices.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I went with the 128gb 7 this year but if I went Plus I would have definitely purchased the 256gb version -- need room for all the pics/videos with that dual camera setup. And I think next year regardless of what model I get it will be a 256gb...

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Too much of a good thing is a wonderful thing. ~ Mae West. :cool:

I thought that way too.. now on cholesterol medication!
When I had a 16GB I was always deleting stuff for space.
I have a 32GB now, and have 21GB Free. So 32 would have been good for me, but I missed the 32GB by taking it out of my cart for 1 min.. (my screw up)... getting a 128GB. Odds are in 3-months I will still have 100GB free. Let's check back around the holidays! LOL

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I cancelled a 128 GB and pre-ordered the 256. I'm pushing the limit on a 128 6S+ already (about 15 GB free space), and with the dual cameras, etc., who knows how much larger the photo files will be. I've also found myself taking more videos and pictures in general, and so I want the extra storage for peace of mind. Its only $4 more per month, and then you can typically recoup the remainder of the price difference when selling to finance the next upgrade.

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Have 64 GB 6s and 64gb 6s plus right now. Going for 256gb 7plus in silver and jet black (or matte black). Extra space is never a bad thing and helps resale value as well.

piscestg

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
We're talking a phone many won't have but a year, maybe 2. I stand by what I said. There will be quite a few who grab the 256 gb at $100 more and not even use half of it.

I would usually agree with that. However I'm considering the 256 in that I probably won't be buying the 8 next year if it is truly glass. Even in a case, I still often hear of them cracking with a slight drop. (Of course I'm talking about the Samsungs.) I decided on 128 over-kill memory when I got my iPad and I probably will when I buy the 7 in 256. And if I don't buy the 8, I don't have to justify the purchase to my wife. :)

woznicki

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
too much of everything is just enough - Bob Weir (Greatful Dead)

But seriously...it comes with a price, and beings that so much gets offloaded nowadays to cloud and so on...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77