Who loves their 5 even more now??

DeJonneJ

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I am on a Verizon employee account with a $100 discount on phones. I was debating between the 32GB white 5 or the 16GB Silver 5s. I decided on the 5 over the 5s because storage is big for me and i couldn't justify upgrading. The 5s is an amazing phone but i currently have a 16GB black 5 and the upgrade is minor. Fingerprint tech is nice but i don't mind waiting for version 2 in the iPhone 6 after it's been refined and works out the kinks i'm sure it will have. Also, the camera upgrade is minor and not very important to me as i will be buying the sony QX10 lens, which will blow any phone camera away. I doubt battery will be improved that much and i use a mophie juice pack plus with 120% battery. So all in all, based on MY needs. The 5 was a safer bet.

mikesa_tx

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I have lived this device since my purchase on release day. With the new iOS coming next week, the joy of possibly feeling that it will be a "new" phone is awesome.

I am looking forward to the new iOS and the new found love, if I could love this phone anymore than I already do.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm not upgrading. Sticking with my 5. For the first time though, I recently ordered an Elago glide case. I've never had a case on any phone. New territory for me. Figured I better protect it if I'm waiting for the 6. I really like it now though, it's perfectly beat up with silver spots on the back from me rubbing it and spinning it on desktops. It looks boss.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Especially now that's it being discontinued it should help with the values.

Yes, well... I have the 5. I also had the iPad 3- with retina and old-school 18-pin port, discontinued when the other iPad 3 -- the New iPad came out. What should have become the iPad, Limited Edition (the only way to have retina iPad WITHOUT changing all your cords and docks...) didn't. Instead, it went for $300-ish bucks on Glyde. It would be wonderful if values went up. However, its those of us who are dorky enough to see the value who also are the ones to consider something shiny and new...whereas those who didn't buy one before are unlikely to pay *more* for a used 5 when they can get something new for similar price- or lower.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Looks like I switched to the iPhone in the right time had my 5 for about 6 months and gonna keep it as the perfect back up phone when I get my 5s with more storage this way if the 6 ends up having a larger display which I won't buy ill still have the two best phones on the market

Sent from my iPhone 5

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
While I do still love my iPhone 5, I keep going back and worth about whether or not I really need to upgrade to the 5S. I would like to get the unlocked 5S, however, my iPhone 5 is still perfect in every way. Other years I upgraded without hesitation, but this year it's not such an easy decision.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2