Who is picking up a new iPad

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Does the non-laminated screen bother you?

Not at all. Of course, coming from an iPad Air, I'm used to not having it. If you look hard, you can tell but it isn't something most people would notice in day to day usage. The bigger factor (again, which I did not have on my Air) for some people will be the lack of non-reflective coating. It doesn't bother me much since I typically use my tablet at home but I'm thinking I'll add a screen protector with the coating (and, obviously, to protect the screen from scratches).

The screen really looks good. I actually compared the screen to the iPad Pro, while I was at the Apple Store. Obviously the Pro has some big advantages; the wider color gamut, true color display, lamination and anti-reflective coating. But, even under the bright lights at the Apple Store, the iPad's screen still looked quite good, the difference wasn't as large as you would have expected given the advantages of the Pro screen.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I had planned to. But the other half put a stop to that!

"Yours still works fine! Why waste the money!"

So for now, I'm still rocking the original Air. She did however green light me getting a new MacBook, if I give my old MacBook Pro to her to replace her aging Dell. So I might start MacBook shopping sooner than I thought

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm considering it, was actually at the Apple Store today checking it out. I've been using an iPad mini 2 since it first came out and have lately been thinking about going back to a standard sized iPad. Really like the 9.7" Pro, but find it hard to justify the price the way I use a tablet. The new iPad it may be perfect for me...the cheaper price lets me put the money saved towards a MacBook Pro, which I've also been eyeing.

Swapnil Vartak

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Think I will stick with my Air 2. There's not much of a difference really apart from the processor bump. It's a great price for someone looking to buy their first iPad though..

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
So for now, I'm still rocking the original Air. She did however green light me getting a new MacBook, if I give my old MacBook Pro to her to replace her aging Dell. So I might start MacBook shopping sooner than I thought

That's a good deal, go for it!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm considering it, was actually at the Apple Store today checking it out. I've been using an iPad mini 2 since it first came out and have lately been thinking about going back to a standard sized iPad. Really like the 9.7" Pro, but find it hard to justify the price the way I use a tablet. The new iPad it may be perfect for me...the cheaper price lets me put the money saved towards a MacBook Pro, which I've also been eyeing.

back when the Minis came out they were smaller and lighter. Now they are just smaller but weight is a lot more comparable!

kcox52692

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
I'm sticking with my Air 2. The new iPad may have a slightly better processor, but that's about it. For all intensive purposes, they could've called it iPad SE.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Got one. I'll never hear the end of it, but I figured it like this:

If I could add another year of AppleCare to my nearly 4 year old iPad Air, would I? If I could also toss in another $50-$100, and get it refurbished to brand new condition, upgrade the screen, camera, and processor, and add Touch ID...? Well, trading in my iPad Air for $150 towards a $329 new iPad is basically that. Brand new, year of warranty, and all the upgrades, for $179 out of pocket.

Plus I switched from Silver to Space Grey. :)

anon(10004440)

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
I picked one up Friday for a birthday present for my daughter next weekend. Replaces a first generation iPad. (Still amazed that thing has lasted this long.) I'll let you know my thoughts after I unbox and set it up next weekend.

Ad.ler

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
Not yet... :) I am still on iPad 4. For two days I am getting macbook pro 2015 Retina. So excited about that. iPad maybe next year :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox