Who is going naked with their iPhone 4?

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
My buddy at work has that phone case and the clear backing is scratched up. It is very easily to mark it up. It looks like poo. I would return it.

That is why I put the invisible shield on mine front and back before putting it in a case. Most of these cases will scratch the crap out of your phone.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm not talking about the phone, I'm talking about the acrylic see through part of the case. I know that is the purpose of a case but the scratches on this particular case just looks ugly. To each his own I suppose.

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I have the griffin case and I love it! No scratches thus far, maybe I'm just more delicate with mine? Not sure but either way I think it looks sleek and is keeping my phone protected! I would definitely recommend this case.

gern blanston

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Mostly going without a case, but I'll get one for unexpected times when I think it might need protecting. I just love the feel of the naked iPhone, and I completely lose that feel with a case. I may, however, put a Zagg on the back only because I don't want the orange peel look on the front. I tried the Belkin Grip Vue, and I find it way too hard to press the volume buttons. I think that the Griffin Reveal will get all scratched up on it's clear surface, so I'm avoiding that, too. I'm looking forward to see what Seidio will offerL their upcoming holster that's make for a naked iPhone intrigues me.

Anyway, I love the iPhone bare!

lonbeehold

May 29, 2009
Visit site
How do you carry your iPhone in the car? Mine is always securely seated in a dash mounted holder- a case would get in the way. OTOH...if Apple doesn't correct the antenna issue my answer is that I'll be carrying my iPhone 3GS (again) naked!

I used to have it in a holder that hooked the iPod up thru the cigarette lighter. Easy view and it charged at the same time. I just got a car with full iPhone/iPod integration, so now it says hooked up to the cable in my glove box. As a bonus it helps me resist the urge to text at red lights, lol.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm definitely more of the commando type but the bumpers actually look half decent so I'll probably pick one up for my girl who sometimes has the dropsies, lol..

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
naked for now til' they are more common then it will be covered. People => "oh is that the new iPhone? how nice"

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
I was going to go naked, but I couldn?t risk the chance of dropping it. I went to Best Buy and bought me a Belkin clear case. The only down fall is it makes the phone a little thicker. I kinda of like the thin look of the iphone 4., but I'd much rather have it a little thicker and it be safe and covered.

Bill McNeal

Apr 23, 2009
Visit site
ordered a skin from bestskinsever and I'm going to get a bumper. I think I want a white bumper, I want to see them before I do it, but I think the white on black would look pretty slick.

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I love the way it looks! It has a very sleek design that's awesome. I want to try a bumper for protection, but I just can't bring myself to cover it up yet!

ALexSoFLy

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I can't go naked because my clumsy hands. I'm currently rockin a white soft case but it's a shame to hide a beautiful phone. I'm planning on getting a clear/transparent case to b protective without sacrificing the looks.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Waiting for some more from Belkin. I want to try the Shield ones like the Micra. But if not, i'll probably go with a black Grip Vue. I can always ebay the Bumper.

b8x4c34

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I have an ifrogz currently, but I hate it. Ugly imo but I'm too nervous to go naked, maybe once I feel a little more comfortable with the phone. It seems soooo much more fragile than my bb, so I'm going to keep looking for a better case.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I have a bumper, but I have since removed it
and will be going naked. I will be using my
Nexus One sleeve when not in use.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I have an ifrogz currently, but I hate it. Ugly imo but I'm too nervous to go naked, maybe once I feel a little more comfortable with the phone. It seems soooo much more fragile than my bb, so I'm going to keep looking for a better case.

I told my girlfriend, under no uncertain circumstances was she to leave the AT&T store with her new iPhone without a case. She got the last pink iFrogz case they had ( she LOVES pink ). She didn't like it at first, but a few days with it and she actually likes it. She feels like she can hold the device better. I just need to find a screen protector I can put on the phone with that case, since it fits so damn snugly.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
but man i am still afraid of the day i drop it cuz i know its gonna happen!

Yeah and there in lies the problem! If you got the money to have the screen replaced or pay for a new phone I guess going naked is okay, but not worth it to me. It is better to at least put some minimal protection on it than none.

Ariyala

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm definitely more of the commando type but the bumpers actually look half decent so I'll probably pick one up for my girl who sometimes has the dropsies, lol..

LOL I have the "dropsies" as well. When I get mine, I'll have to get a case for it because I don't want it falling to the ground naked. And, I'm scared it might fall out of my pockets. My 3G is so slippery (except with the Otterbox!). I'm always checking its still where I put it. :p

King-B

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Commando only. I'm addicted to holsters and if I put a bumper on my iphone, it wont fit with my car dock which I use for GPS (aka Navigon app for iPhone)

I did order a full-body set of invisible shields for the front in back. I'm leaving the aluminum band raw!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh