Who has said absolutely NOT but then gets intrigued by the X

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
The X is pretty. But facial recognition needs to be perfect for me to even consider. I am intrigued but still love my 7+. Touch ID is perfect

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
The X is pretty. But facial recognition needs to be perfect for me to even consider. I am intrigued but still love my 7+. Touch ID is perfect

I thought the same but once you use it FID its way better for me, and tap to wake is great.
Only downfall is my brodit holder in my car is a bit far have to lean over a bit to get it to work, but that could be good thing ;) want to get a wireless car charger anyway so can change the position.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
My X came today and I s a nice device but no wow factor for the price IMO. Everything works great just not what I expected

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

Been using Face ID since I got the phone this morning and it’s amazing! I will never go back to Touch ID. You’ll have to experience it yourself. It is so much faster to use than you think.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

I have issues with Touch ID - especially in winter when my hands get dry. It fails more often than it works ( and I had two sets of thumb scans for each hand to get all angles). The FaceID however has exceeded my expectations and hasn’t failed me yet...and I’ve tried to trip it up. Much preferred for me and I won’t go back to Touch ID.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
That is me. I have a 7 Plus now but these initial hands on videos are definitely intriguing me. But I'm going to wait a little longer as I want to see some reviews after they have had the phone for a few days.

I LOVE it and don’t regret gifting my 7 Plus to my hubby. It’s an amazing, solid piece of kit.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
For those who work in cold climate and wear gloves, there are tech gloves now on the market and they won’t hamper texting on your phone. Nice too. Leather with cashmere lining.

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I was a firm “no” and even went so far as to hate on the X. Got myself an 8 plus and was done with it.... then the reviews hit and people were singing the praises of Face ID and saying battery life was near or equal to the plus phones and I got curious. Ended up finding one st an Apple store and bought it to test it for myself. Now my son has my 8 plus and I have the iPhone X. Had to eat my earlier words, but it’s all good. The phone is fantastic, notch and all.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Me, me, me!

I had sworn off the X, vowing not to buy one. Was happy with my 7 Plus.

Then I made the mistake of picking an X in hand and playing with one a few minutes while in a Best Buy a few days ago.

Then convinced myself I needed a smaller phone.

Started looking up local inventory through the Apple Store app almost daily. Availability popped up yesterday morning. Couldn’t resist. Reserved and had it a couple hours later.

No regrets the X is amazing!!!! I will be selling the 7 Plus...

PS - loving the fact I can one-hand type again. Couldn’t on the Plus - too wide.

Last edited:

Chuck_loads

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Just in a whim today I went to my local BB for some cheap dvd bag stuffers for work. Played with the 10 an asked if they had space gray 256gb figuring everyone I know who has ordered one has a minimum month wait..An for once Lady Luck was on my side they had it needless to say I walked out with it in hand wrapped in a otterbox defender gotta say the notch doesn’t bother me. They case is bulky for the phone but still smaller than a plus model with a protective case an this screen is on point no issues with Face ID thus far only had it 3 hours. Was able to do a restore from the cloud no issue don’t miss the home button just gonna take a bit of time getting used to swipes. Those on the fence go mess with one an make up your mind it was a good purchase for me.

zenjen

Oct 19, 2017
Visit site
I dismissed the X right from the start and got the 8 plus delivered on launch day. Loved it and found myself up at 3a on pre-order night and ordering the X. Didn’t get it launch day, so I had time to think I’ll just cancel it.

Well, I got one in a local Apple store this week. Had to take back my 7plus from my mom, so I could use the IUP program. Now she has the 8plus.

I’m enjoying the heck out of my X. It was time for something different for iOS.

PS - I originally dismissed the X, thinking the 2nd gen X was the safe and wise way to go. But with the IUP, I can have one now.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I dismissed the X right from the start and got the 8 plus delivered on launch day. Loved it and found myself up at 3a on pre-order night and ordering the X. Didn’t get it launch day, so I had time to think I’ll just cancel it.

Well, I got one in a local Apple store this week. Had to take back my 7plus from my mom, so I could use the IUP program. Now she has the 8plus.

I’m enjoying the heck out of my X. It was time for something different for iOS.

PS - I originally dismissed the X, thinking the 2nd gen X was the safe and wise way to go. But with the IUP, I can have one now.

I have a feeling a lot of people are going to LOVE the X if they give it a try.

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I absolutely had my mind made up that I didn’t like or need the X, I didn’t want to give up the home button or the white bezel! I could care less about Touch ID. The Face ID works flawlessly for me..The only thing I miss from my previous plus iPhone is the white front bezel, that’s it. I occasionally pick up my 6s plus and can’t believe how wide and heavy it is. So I’m totally in love with my X... lol.. no regrets whatsoever

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro