Who has said absolutely NOT but then gets intrigued by the X

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I just watched iJustine on her unboxing
I am intrigued but I can’t make the jump
It really is stunning. But the price. And my health issue. Still like the 8+. But the X is prettier than I gave it credit for

Rocking my 7+. Need to get better

I cant wait to hear everyone’s reports on how they like

Congratulations on your new phone

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
That is me. I have a 7 Plus now but these initial hands on videos are definitely intriguing me. But I'm going to wait a little longer as I want to see some reviews after they have had the phone for a few days.

Merecat

Oct 29, 2017
Visit site
Not me.
I knew that I wanted the X.

Same here. Wanted to watch the initial keynote to see if the 8 Plus will grab my eye. It didn’t at all, not enough changes to trade in my 7 Plus.

Then I saw the X, and I knew I wanted it lol. Seeing the initial wave of reviews come out today just made me more excited and happy with my decision to just go with the X instead of the 8 Plus

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I have my 6 plus for 3 years now and I also have the 6s plus. I skipped 7 because I heard the rumor about the iPhone X new design. When iPhone 8 came out, I was very disappointed because it has the same design for 3 years now except for the the look of the camera and glass back. I can't afford to have the same look again for another year or 2 so I went and ordered iPhone X without hesitation. It's time for a new look and new user experience! Woke up at 2AM Central time on Oct 27th and got one for Nov 3rd store pickup with appointment time at 8AM! I can't wait!!!

Last edited:

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Decided last year when I bought the 7 plus that I wasn’t upgrading until 2018 model. Saw the 8 plus and the X and didn’t want them. Started watching YouTube videos on the X and today I ordered it. Now to sell my 7 Plus. Still owe att about $600 on it.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Decided last year when I bought the 7 plus that I wasn’t upgrading until 2018 model. Saw the 8 plus and the X and didn’t want them. Started watching YouTube videos on the X and today I ordered it. Now to sell my 7 Plus. Still owe att about $600 on it.

I have the 256GB iPhone 7 Plus and only owe $450 on it. I’m starting to feel sellers remorse by giving it back to T-Mobile for the $450. I’m almost tempted to pay the $450 and sell it for around $550.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I have the 256GB iPhone 7 Plus and only owe $450 on it. I’m starting to feel sellers remorse by giving it back to T-Mobile for the $450. I’m almost tempted to pay the $450 and sell it for around $550.

I don’t think I’m eligible for an upgrade yet. Someone offered me $500, but I told him I need at least $600 for it.

I was going to wait until iPhone XI or whatever their calling it but decided to just get one now.

Lyall Demorrow

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site

$550 would not be much difference after you pay the seller fee, PayPal fee and shipping. Unless you sell it locally, you may be better off getting the $450 from T-mobile. It would be less headache also.

BobR1908

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I am not overly intrigued and will keep my 8+. Where I feel there will be some backlash is with the facial recognition, I have read numerous reports by those that published initial hands on reports that the facial recognition doesn’t always work, especially when outside, and that it is slower to unlock the phone. I don’t like the slower part, despite it being mirror milliseconds I like my 8+ unlocking instantly.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
It's a pretty phone, but I am still not interested. I can't get past that notch right now. Maybe that will change. I sincerely hope that those that get it, love it. If you are 100% all in on iOS then this is the best iPhone available, as it should be. I am just not nearly as excited as some people are.

KingofHeart4711

Apr 14, 2010
www.facebook.com
I watched that Apple announcement and saw the 8 and I was just like "Eh, its exactly the same, I'm gonna stick with my 7Plus" But then you guys all know what happened.. "ONE MORE THING" And just like that, I knew I had to have it.

So as time went by I was really on the fence. Didn't know if I would or wouldn't. Even tried to convince myself that I was disappointed in the lack of fingerprint reader and the 128gb version (that does bother me still) but preorder time came around and well... My iPhone X will be here Friday haha

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I don’t think I’m eligible for an upgrade yet. Someone offered me $500, but I told him I need at least $600 for it.

I was going to wait until iPhone XI or whatever their calling it but decided to just get one now.

Called ATT today and they say I’m eligible for an upgrade. Also, they can’t find my order so I might have to order again, unless I’m having second thoughts, which I am.

If I upgrade I might skip the X and get the 8 plus. I’m having a little problem on hearing people once in a while with it so it might be time for an upgrade.

No disrespect to the ones getting the X but I’m thinking it might not really be for me. I don’t need the camera and the screen seems a little less on the width. The thing I can’t get past is the Face ID. I’m sure its good, but I’m starting to think it’s not for me. I really like the Touch ID so I might get the 8 Plus. I’ll let you know what I decide.

Sorry for the long reply.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I am not overly intrigued and will keep my 8+. Where I feel there will be some backlash is with the facial recognition, I have read numerous reports by those that published initial hands on reports that the facial recognition doesn’t always work, especially when outside, and that it is slower to unlock the phone. I don’t like the slower part, despite it being mirror milliseconds I like my 8+ unlocking instantly.

I hope this answers some of your concerns about Face ID.

https://youtu.be/jbufh5iypEo

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW