Who bought the Belkin wireless charger?

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I went to Best Buy and was going to pickup the Samsung fast wireless charger because it’s cheaper compared to Apple’s recommended product Belkin but I kind of heard my phone whispered to me and said “Nooooooo! Get the Apple approved product!!” LOL! So I got the Belkin instead for my iPhone X even though it’s expensive. So far, what I’ve noticed is it charges faster done the the regular charger that came with the phone because its using 7.5W compared to 5W on the regular Apple charger. The only negative side of it is you really have to put your phone dead center or else it won’t charge.

Let me know what you think of it based on having this product for several days. I only had it since yesterday. Thanks!

Last edited:

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I don’t own the Belkin charger simply because of the price. There are plenty of cheaper options that are just as effective and I got all Quick Charge 3.0 compatible stuff just in case Apple ever opens up iPhone for higher wattage charging. I REALLY like the Belkin’s design though. Again, if it weren’t for the price I probably would have picked one up.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Like the others, I did not buy the Belkin wireless charger. Instead, I purchased the one from Insignia. It charges my iPhones rather quickly, but if there’s one gripe, it would be that my devices would slide to one side of the charging base if not perfectly centered.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Like the others, I did not buy the Belkin wireless charger. Instead, I purchased the one from Insignia. It charges my iPhones rather quickly, but if there’s one gripe, it would be that my devices would slide to one side of the charging base if not perfectly centered.

That’s actually one of the plus side of Belkin. It holds the phone really good even if you angle it to almost 90 degrees.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Dont want to hijack the thread but is there any advantage to the belkin or mophie vs something off amazon?

Ive got 3 fast wireless charging stands that I paid about $19ea. for. They all charge at the 7.5 speed.

Does the Belkin or Mophie do anything different to justify the huge price tag?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I use the Samsung fast wireless one and haven’t had an issue with any angle I put the phone. Always seems to charge

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I got the 2nd gen Samsung Fast Wireless Charger. It also acts as a stand, which is very convenient, for me, versus a puck.
And it was 50% off :p

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Dont want to hijack the thread but is there any advantage to the belkin or mophie vs something off amazon?

Ive got 3 fast wireless charging stands that I paid about $19ea. for. They all charge at the 7.5 speed.

Does the Belkin or Mophie do anything different to justify the huge price tag?

I don’t think there is. The only difference I see is the price and Apple’s seal of approval.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I had the belkin since iPhone launch. Never and issues never had and issue with my phone having to be exactly centered. But I also don’t throw it in there half hanging off either.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I had the belkin since iPhone launch. Never and issues never had and issue with my phone having to be exactly centered. But I also don’t throw it in there half hanging off either.

I only noticed it when I put the phone a little lower in the center. That’s when I see the little green indicator light doesn’t turn on. On both side, I don’t have to really put it in the middle.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I don’t think there is. The only difference I see is the price and Apple’s seal of approval.

And that is why I purchased the Belkin from Apple. It’s not as fast as I’d have hoped, but it will do. It also came with A/C adaptor, which. Many on Amazon do not.

Edited because I just saw my typo. Many of the qi chargers on Amazon do not come with an adapter, and it's not always apparent if a particular charger is "Qi certified".

Last edited: