• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Who’s using their iPhone X without a case?

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
When I’m in the house I take me red Apple case off. But when I leave I always put it back on. Plus I have a PEEL case in order.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
c306cf2d4ef68ce92cabb7d72889beca.jpg

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
You can return it and try the leather

Yeah, i returned a Black Leather to JbHifi. The silicone i got from Apple and i rang to return and they said keep it and refunded me, had a chip out of it don't know how i havn't dropped it. I need something with a bit more protection than what Apple offer in my business and leisure activities.
Have a UAG plasma ice coming Wednesday, was going to get the Monarch which i still have for 7/8 but its $33 more, see how it goes for a change.

Tried to sell the Silicone on ebay for $20 off Apple price before i noticed the chip in it, no bites though.

chilledbeer

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I would love to but wouldn’t dare. I change my phones every 3 months or so and the drop in resale value for a bump appearing is just too risky. I use an Apple Leather case at the moment but would be ‘upgrading’ to a Spigen Feather light case soon.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I’m not. Can’t afford the breakage. Put a speck case and zagg screen protector on it right away after it was taken out of the box.

Not taking any chances. Still getting used to the size coming from the 8 plus.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, i returned a Black Leather to JbHifi. The silicone i got from Apple and i rang to return and they said keep it and refunded me, had a chip out of it don't know how i havn't dropped it. I need something with a bit more protection than what Apple offer in my business and leisure activities.
Have a UAG plasma ice coming Wednesday, was going to get the Monarch which i still have for 7/8 but its $33 more, see how it goes for a change.

Tried to sell the Silicone on ebay for $20 off Apple price before i noticed the chip in it, no bites though.

Understood

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I’d love to go caseless but ever since the Apple leather cases, I run those and love the feel. Plus the little raised edge allows putting the phone face down without fear of scratching.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I’ve always been an “if you got it, flaunt it” kind of iPhone user and have largely gone without a case. That said, I’ve been using a case the majority of the time I’ve had my iPhone X. It’s like carrying around a small panel of glass. I’m too paranoid I’m going to drop it.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I accidentally dropped my iPhone X backside first yesterday to a wooden floor, and I’m glad I had the Apple leather case on it.

jayk82

Trusted Member
Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I’m in the iPhone Upgrade Program, no case for me since it includes AppleCare and I’ll be turning it in next year

rodeTrip

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
100% naked silver 256gb!! i have asurion vzw and applecare on it. its a lot easier to hold than the plus and i just love holding this masterpiece! no way im putting it in a case..

tbernardi

Nov 22, 2017
Visit site
Always use a case.. It's just too expensive of a device to take a chance on dropping it... never use a screen protector though...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman